Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GOING CRAZY WAITING  (Read 735 times)

sma187

• AOL Instant Messenger - Brewsky007
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
    • Email
GOING CRAZY WAITING
« on: March 03, 2005, 04:06:30 AM »
I am going nuts waiting for 18 schools to get back to me. I applied somewhat late, so its totally my fault, but hearing people getting dinged and getting in is driving me crazy. Is anyone else waiting to hear from nearly all their schools? Feel free to vent on this all you want.
167/2.93 from Northwestern BA Economics

In: Cinci($), Kentucky($$), WUStL, Tulane, Ohio State
Pending: 12
Rejected:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sma187

thegreatwall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GOING CRAZY WAITING
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 04:36:10 AM »
i hear ya. I have 14 more schools to wait on.  Heard from 6...so ya..most of my applications were compelete late december

In your case, it will take couple more weeks. 

sma187

• AOL Instant Messenger - Brewsky007
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 06:19:51 AM »
I know that I am complaining after many of you have waited longer, I just wanted to get my fall quarter grades on my transcript. We are on quarters here at Northwestern. Its just awful having my friends start to hear from all of these schools, while I haven't heard good or bad from a single one.

It feels like it would be better to get rejected and have the weight off than it is to sit around and wait to get rejected.

Any Predictions on schools I am apply to? Look at my law schoolnumbers link if you want to see the list.
167/2.93 from Northwestern BA Economics

In: Cinci($), Kentucky($$), WUStL, Tulane, Ohio State
Pending: 12
Rejected:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sma187

jessesamuel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 06:31:09 AM »
i've heard from 4, waiting on 15. i think my numbers are better than auto-reject, or at least that's what the schools feel like thay have to make me believe. any predictions? my lsn link is at the bottom.

predictions for sma187:
in: indiana, ohio, temple, tulane, connecticut, georgia, kentucky, miami, richmond, wake forest

maybe: w&m, illinois, minnesota at the outside

the rest: i dunno....

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 08:57:08 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  I've heard back from four schools (2 acceptances, 1 waitlist, 1 rejection).  I'm still holding on 12 schools, most of which are in the top 30.

I'm not sure how things are going to pan out, but I know I'm tired of waiting.  All I do at work all day is check my e-mail frantically, check the online status updates and pour through these discussion boards.  This has got to stop...

Also, I'd really like to start making plans about where I'll be living for the next three years, but it's hard to do when you have a dozen apps pending.

The saga continues!

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:08:31 PM »
I call bull on all the anxiety and stress that waiting has been causing.  It's a load of crap.  I just realized this tonight.  I picked a somewhat arbitrary "drop dead" date of March 18.  After that date, I will assume no more acceptances or scholarship offers are coming, and I will make my decision based on the schools that have already accepted me and whatever financial aid packages are already on the table.  If a miracle comes through a month later (Like my Penn deferral turning into an admit) then I can worry about frantically adjusting my plans at that point.  In the meantime, I'm done checking online status and e-mail every 20 minutes, and I'm done rushing home to the mailbox every night after work.  Most importantly for everyone else, I'm also done bitching about it on LSD :)

By the way, I've also come to the conclusion that all the pessimism on LSD about the last acceptances having already gone out is a load of crap too.  Most of my first deposits aren't due until the end of APRIL.  That's two months away.  Almost all of these schools had application deadlines less than two weeks ago, and they get a huge percentage of their apps the week before the deadline.  I fully expect to be admitted by at least 2 more schools, but it may not be in the next week. 

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 09:13:53 PM »
I call bull on all the anxiety and stress that waiting has been causing.  It's a load of darn.  I just realized this tonight.  I picked a somewhat arbitrary "drop dead" date of March 18.  After that date, I will assume no more acceptances or scholarship offers are coming, and I will make my decision based on the schools that have already accepted me and whatever financial aid packages are already on the table.  If a miracle comes through a month later (Like my Penn deferral turning into an admit) then I can worry about frantically adjusting my plans at that point.  In the meantime, I'm done checking online status and e-mail every 20 minutes, and I'm done rushing home to the mailbox every night after work.  Most importantly for everyone else, I'm also done bitching about it on LSD :)

By the way, I've also come to the conclusion that all the pessimism on LSD about the last acceptances having already gone out is a load of darn too.  Most of my first deposits aren't due until the end of APRIL.  That's two months away.  Almost all of these schools had application deadlines less than two weeks ago, and they get a huge percentage of their apps the week before the deadline.  I fully expect to be admitted by at least 2 more schools, but it may not be in the next week. 

Are you leaning to any particular school right now? It looks like you've been accepted to a couple of my top choices (Univ. of Illinois and Northwestern).  Like you, I'm still holding on
the Univ. of Georgia as well.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 09:27:16 PM »
Are you leaning to any particular school right now? It looks like you've been accepted to a couple of my top choices (Univ. of Illinois and Northwestern).  Like you, I'm still holding on
the Univ. of Georgia as well.

Obviously, I'm leaning towards Northwestern since it's the highest ranked school I've been admitted to.  But Illinois did give me some money so I'm not sure.  Georgia is pretty much out of the equation for me.