Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone heard anything about St. Thomas University School of Law  (Read 1505 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Has anyone heard anything about St. Thomas University School of Law
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
Oh oops, I just assumed the one in Miami--that is what I was talking about  :)

Yeah, it's a little confusing. St. Thomas University versus University of St. Thomas. Ol' Tom gets around, that's for sure.

daisyb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 10:05:40 AM »
Hey LaneSwerver did you get a response from STU yet?  I saw from another post that you called them.  I got my letter yesterday and I got in (YAY!).  Now I just need to know what the campus is like.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 10:16:42 AM »
Hey LaneSwerver did you get a response from STU yet?  I saw from another post that you called them.  I got my letter yesterday and I got in (YAY!).  Now I just need to know what the campus is like.

Got my letter yesterday, too. In there! There's a great post from a couple of weeks ago where we discussed St. Thomas and FL Coastal. I'll try and dig it up.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 10:20:31 AM »
Let me add that my biggest concern about them (and why I'm leaning toward FL Coastal if I don't get in TX) is their bar pass rate, which is 52%. FL Coastal is around 75%, which is higher than the state average. I want to give St. Thomas a call and see what's going on with this number. Evidently the new prez used to be with the ABA, according to another poster. Hopefully they're making some changes.

daisyb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 10:50:12 AM »
Congratulations!!  For some reason I just don't have a good feeling about Florida Coastal.  I don't know where (possibly somewhere on this board) I heard not-so-great things about it.  I also applied and got in there, but I emailed them saying I declined the offer.  I have family that lives in Miami, and my cousin emailed me this:
"I donít know too much about Miami Gardens, but that it is close to Aventura which is upscale shopping, beach, condoís etc.  And it is also close to Hollywood, which is a really fun place.  There is a lot of live music, arts, beach, and that sort of thing. "
The same cousin is going to ask a friend of his who went there and let me know what he says.  I'll let you know what he says.  Thanks for that thread about the campus.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 11:27:50 AM »
There's a good thread on here somewhere about FL Coastal, too. I was a bit worried, but after seeing some info about the school, that was assuaged. Like I said, in comparison, their numbers are so much better. I don't know. I'm looking forward to hearing your friend's cousin's roomate's sister's opinion of the school, though!  ;)