Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Columbia "Reserves"  (Read 3476 times)

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Columbia "Reserves"
« on: June 16, 2004, 01:29:21 PM »
Well, I got another letter asking if I wanted to remain on the reserve list....anybody else get something similar?

Ginatio

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 01:32:28 PM »
Maybe. I'll have to check when I get home. I'll have to decline this one though. I already have housing and everything set up for Penn. Only Stanford can take me away at this point.

Well, I got another letter asking if I wanted to remain on the reserve list....anybody else get something similar?

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 01:41:33 PM »
Thanks for the help, Ginatio.  I owe you one  ;)

Ginatio

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 07:37:43 PM »
Nope. Nothing. Mail is usually fast between NYC and Philadelphia, too, so i dunno... it's either a good thing (i.e., bigger packages take longer), or it's a bad thing (i.e., rejection letters are sent out later).

probably the latter.

Maybe. I'll have to check when I get home. I'll have to decline this one though. I already have housing and everything set up for Penn. Only Stanford can take me away at this point.

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 06:07:15 PM »
I got the reserve list letter today.

If Columbia called up reservists as prolifically as the Bush administration does, we'd be all set... Someone fire the provost and hire Condoleeza Rice, stat!

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 02:06:30 PM »
how many rounds of admission does columbia have for god's sake? i just got ANOTHER letter in the mail today putting me into what I would assume is their 4th and final group of reserves.

assuming that only 1 or 2 people are going to skip out on them at this point (classes start aug. 19th), how many people could they possibly be keeping on the reserve list?

did anyone get either: the continued reserve letter, an acceptance letter, or a rejection letter ?

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 11:03:59 AM »
*raises hand*

So, did they ding people this round or not?  I have a feeling that I am the last person on their list anyway, and yet I still hold out hope...

sej23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 02:08:03 PM »
I too just got another letter asking me to remain in the reserve category.  I wonder how many people are left on the list.  I don't think people are updating on LSN so there's no way to gage it I guess.

Ginatio

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 02:12:16 PM »
i think their class is full, and they're keeping us on the "reserves list" just for the hell of it.

Ginatio

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 11:20:31 PM »
I sent Columbia's most recent "Would you like to stay on the WL?" letter back saying no thanks. Today, I received a rejection letter from them. What the @#!*?

That's like dumping someone and then having them call you a week later and saying "listen honey, i just don't think this is going to work out. i think we should see other people".

what a bunch of tools.