Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Columbia "Reserves"  (Read 3462 times)

KareBear

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kare516
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia "Reserves"
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »
Hi Ginatio --

I just checked out your profile on LSN and I'm very envious.  It must have been a difficult decision to pick a school from all of your acceptances.  I can only wish that I'll be able to choose from 3 or 4 of the schools you were accepted to!  May I ask why you chose Penn over all the others? 

Very interested in your decision-making process.

Ginatio

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 11:49:53 PM »
I went to UG across the street from Penn, so I'm extremely familiar with Philly, University City, and Penn.
Also, I've been working with a firm in the Philly area that I'm thinking of staying with after graduation.

What weighed most heavily on my decision, though, was financial aid. I was/am really anxious about taking out loans the first year, and Penn's aid made it so I didn't have to.

Hi Ginatio --

I just checked out your profile on LSN and I'm very envious.  It must have been a difficult decision to pick a school from all of your acceptances.  I can only wish that I'll be able to choose from 3 or 4 of the schools you were accepted to!  May I ask why you chose Penn over all the others? 

Very interested in your decision-making process.

lawdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 01:46:03 AM »
Ginatio-

Just out of curiosity, are you in Philly now?  I'm just trying to guess when to expect my rejection.

Thanks!

Ginatio

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 02:15:45 PM »
Ginatio-

Just out of curiosity, are you in Philly now?  I'm just trying to guess when to expect my rejection.

Thanks!

yep. i'm in the philly suburbs now. The letter was dated Aug. 11th. and Milligan's signature was laser-printed on... unsympathetic bastards  :P

mukhia

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »
Ginatio - I just saw your profile and wtf?

What is Berkeley's problem - they really rejected you?

What were they thinking?

Hmmm...I don't know, he has a very high GPA from a very good school,  uh huh, mmmm, but his LSAT is very high, too, mmmm, and what, you say he is Persian, too...has numerous activities, good internships, good recs....I don't know Bob, I just don't think he could make it at Berkeley.   Let's keep those spaces open for some lesser qualified people...WTF?

Seriously - if your case doesn't highlight what a crapshoot getting intp LS is, I don't know whose does.  I am now utterly appalled and slightly depressed. Good on you for getting Penn, though!

Ginatio

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2004, 04:49:01 PM »
yep. beats me. i don't think i was hippie enough for them

What were they thinking?

Hmmm...I don't know, he has a very high GPA from a very good school,  uh huh, mmmm, but his LSAT is very high, too, mmmm, and what, you say he is Persian, too...has numerous activities, good internships, good recs....I don't know Bob, I just don't think he could make it at Berkeley.   Let's keep those spaces open for some lesser qualified people...WTF?

Seriously - if your case doesn't highlight what a crapshoot getting intp LS is, I don't know whose does.  I am now utterly appalled and slightly depressed. Good on you for getting Penn, though!

mukhia

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2004, 04:50:43 PM »
I think you ought to call and demand an explanation.  Really.  LOL - this admissions business....

lawdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2004, 06:01:28 PM »
I totally feel everyone's pain.  This whole thing is truly arbitrary. 

I definitely expect my rejection from "reserve" to be in my mailbox in about 18 hours, is there anyone else out there still "alive" and hoping for a miracle, or do you think the door has been shut for Columbia this year?

Thanks and best of luck to all!

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2004, 06:16:47 PM »
yep. beats me. i don't think i was hippie enough for them

What were they thinking?

Well if you can prove to them that you once went to class naked, you'd be a shoe in.

Jogging_Snail

• I try to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2004, 09:01:08 PM »
Ginatio

I am curious. What are your numbers? Thx
Without you, I am lost.