Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How i will be responding to adcoms  (Read 2316 times)

Sue Me Now

• i heart law
    • View Profile
Re: How i will be responding to adcoms
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 01:53:41 PM »
go for it.  and if you're sending that to harvard, also enclose a copy of the front page of newsweek last week with the headline: "HARVARD'S CRISIS"   ;D

Of course Pookie says to go ahead and send this letter...while you look like a lunatic in the eyes of all of the adcomm secretaries, Pookie will be packing up and heading for New Haven.

That said, I think this letter is LOL to the max.
161/3.81
ring-columbia($$),fordham($$$),rutgers newark($$$$),NYU (cheap-o)  
ding-NA
who knows?- brooklyn, cornell, upenn, st johns

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 02:05:09 PM »
go for it.  and if you're sending that to harvard, also enclose a copy of the front page of newsweek last week with the headline: "HARVARD'S CRISIS"   ;D

Of course Pookie says to go ahead and send this letter...while you look like a lunatic in the eyes of all of the adcomm secretaries, Pookie will be packing up and heading for New Haven.

That said, I think this letter is LOL to the max.

are you serious?  i was joking, as was the OP, i assume.  i adopted the same jesting tone that he used in his post.

either way, i really hope people aren't influenced to send in stuff like this based on what some random person on the internet says.  if someone doesn't have good enough judgment to make their own decisions, i'm not responsible for how they look in the eyes of an adcomm.  (plus, what's the real harm in looking a little nutty if you've already been rejected?  it just burns a bridge if you want to transfer in the future, if they remember/keep on file what you did.)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

HungryMule

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 04:03:57 PM »

The OP's suggestion was very bitter and quite lame.  But this is hilarious.  Whoever reads it will laugh their ass off, and maybe even pass it along to someone higher up the admissions chain.  I wonder how the school would respond?

Dont get your panties in a bunch..... it was only a harmless joke and a way to vent.........

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 09:30:16 PM »

Its so typical of dave303 to go raining on everyone's parade.

Dave303, if you'd take a moment to remove those antlers that are stuck up your ass, you'd see that this letter is witty and a great way to deal with rejection...something I'm sure you know plenty about.

I'm sorry I told everyone that you were also lawlawland. Perhaps you could make some more accounts. Maybe your next persona could be a bisexual native american raised by a chicano lesbian couple.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 10:00:32 PM »
This one has been circulating for a while, but in case anyone hasn't seen it:

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to admit me to ____ Law School.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of institutions it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite ______ Law School's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will be joining the class of 2008 this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

;D  That is SO great! Maybe I should try that with Boalt?
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 10:14:12 PM »
I'm thinking about sending it to Duke.  But I'm waiting to see if their basketball team gets crushed in the playoffs so that I can add insult to injury.  :)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2005, 11:08:59 AM »
How about this one:

My friends on the law school discussion forum have carefully examined my credentials and personal statement and have definitely determined that your decison to reject me was short-sighted at best.  Since they are experts in this area, I would encourage you to reverse your decision and admit me immediately. 

Sincerely,

HippieLawChick

DRJJ1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 08:09:59 AM »
Why are so many gay guys attracted to this lsd? 

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »
Why are so many gay guys attracted to this lsd? 

they are getting confused with the other LSD board (long sucked male private part.com)
(163+172)/3.5

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 03:53:32 PM »
I got waitlisted by Penn today.  I really want to reply back with this:

This one has been circulating for a while, but in case anyone hasn't seen it:

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to admit me to ____ Law School.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of institutions it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite ______ Law School's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will be joining the class of 2008 this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Who votes yes?