Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How i will be responding to adcoms  (Read 2350 times)

HungryMule

• View Profile
How i will be responding to adcoms
« on: March 02, 2005, 07:35:49 PM »
Dear Adcom member,
I received your letter today informing me that I will not tread upon the hallowed ground of your institution next fall. Grammatical errors aside, I must say that I was a bit taken aback, but with further reflection, I must also admit to a subtle tinge of relief. I realized that, perhaps, I have learned more by being a circular peg to your endless supply of square holes. _____________ is a great institution, a rare find in the quagmire that is modern academia. When many other institutions are vying for reputation and rank, ____________ possesses the confidence and, dare I say audacity, to stand on its own as a tribute to the middle ground, the common intelligence, the every man. In a field of study overpopulated by brash intelligentsia, ____________ shamelessly issues forth its siren cry to mediocrity, mediocrity, mediocrity. As I argue esoteric points of law and mull over theoretical frameworks of logic at one of the highly ranked institutions I will be attending, your institution may cross my mind and I will think of you fondly, as one would a trusty old dog or a favorite tree. I will know you are there, doing what you did yesterday and the day before, turning out widgets who will someday deliver competent and steady work in my employ. Thank you for the confirmation that I, sir, am not a member of your club.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How i will be responding to adcoms
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 07:39:50 PM »
go for it.  and if you're sending that to harvard, also enclose a copy of the front page of newsweek last week with the headline: "HARVARD'S CRISIS"   ;D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

geni

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 07:41:29 PM »
Cute!  

One thing, though.  You wrote, "...at one of the highly ranked institutions I will be attending".  Just how many highly ranked institutions are you planning to attend?  I would think it would be "at the highly ranked..." since you will presumably only be going to one LS.  ;)

HungryMule

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »
I did consider your point, but wanted to relay the fact that there are many offers on the table at this point. It was just a quick note anyway, not to be taken too seriously....just lightening things up

geni

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 07:51:50 PM »
I did consider your point, but wanted to relay the fact that there are many offers on the table at this point. It was just a quick note anyway, not to be taken too seriously....just lightening things up

I know... just giving you a hard time  ;D

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 08:06:10 PM »
I'm sure the overworked assistant secretary to the dean of admissions secretary will find this very amusing before she throws it in the trash.

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »
This one has been circulating for a while, but in case anyone hasn't seen it:

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to admit me to ____ Law School.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of institutions it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite ______ Law School's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will be joining the class of 2008 this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

geni

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 10:38:44 PM »
towanda- I like that one even better!    :)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
This one has been circulating for a while, but in case anyone hasn't seen it:

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to admit me to ____ Law School.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of institutions it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite ______ Law School's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will be joining the class of 2008 this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

This is better than 180!  181.

If I had thought of this myself and considered it an original idea, I would honestly send it!  The OP's suggestion was very bitter and quite lame.  But this is hilarious.  Whoever reads it will laugh their ass off, and maybe even pass it along to someone higher up the admissions chain.  I wonder how the school would respond?

Sue Me Now

• i heart law
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 01:30:29 PM »
I'm sure the overworked assistant secretary to the dean of admissions secretary will find this very amusing before she throws it in the trash.

Its so typical of dave303 to go raining on everyone's parade.

Dave303, if you'd take a moment to remove those antlers that are stuck up your ass, you'd see that this letter is witty and a great way to deal with rejection...something I'm sure you know plenty about.
161/3.81
ring-columbia($$),fordham($$$),rutgers newark($$$$),NYU (cheap-o)  
ding-NA
who knows?- brooklyn, cornell, upenn, st johns