Law School Discussion

Cornell Admit Days

ant

Cornell Admit Days
« on: March 02, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »
Just wondering if anyone out there is planning on attending the Cornell admit days. Also wondering if anyone has figured out a good (read: cheap) way of getting from Syracuse to Ithaca.

Also wondering how people are feeling generally about cornell and if anyone has visited?

cheers

towanda03

• And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cornell Admit Days
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 03:10:55 PM »
I can't go until the very last one (when our deposit is due--hope I'm prepared to decide that day).  But I'll be interested to see what it's like.  :)

yk84

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 07:28:13 PM »
when are the admit days again?

ant

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 08:08:21 AM »
when are the admit days again?

this friday (tomorrow), mar. 11, and then april 15 i think.

greenjeans

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 06:05:35 PM »
I'm going to the one on the 11th. I'm pretty excited about it, and about Cornell in general. My experience with them has been pretty excellent. Their admissions staff has always been really friendly and helpful, even before they admitted me and I was just one of many obsessive applicants. As I find out more and more about the school, I'm starting to really love it. The small class size and faculty availability are really selling me on the place. Plus, I'm anxious to leave the city. I did undergrad in a big city and could use a few years away.

Who knows? Maybe I'll grow to like winter sports.  :)

mattb23

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 07:17:46 PM »
I'm tentatively planning to attend on 4/15. I don't think I'm headed to Cornell in the long run, but I get a good vibe from it and I'd like to see their presentation; and if my gf is admitted to their M.S. program in statistics, it might suddenly jump closer to the top of the list. I did a phone interview with Cornell and the lady was exceptionally nice--all my dealings with them have been really pleasant, so I'm curious to see for myself.

jayhawk

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 07:42:16 PM »
i'm really upset that i won't be able to attend any of them.  in fact, i don't know if i'll be able to visit cornell at all.  even though it's not super-likely that i will attend cornell, there are a lot of things i like about the school and at least wanted to be able to visit before i have to make a decision  :-\

sorry i know this is a little bit off-topic, but i needed to vent my frustrations

towanda03

• And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 08:00:38 PM »
I'm tentatively planning to attend on 4/15. I don't think I'm headed to Cornell in the long run, but I get a good vibe from it and I'd like to see their presentation; and if my gf is admitted to their M.S. program in statistics, it might suddenly jump closer to the top of the list. I did a phone interview with Cornell and the lady was exceptionally nice--all my dealings with them have been really pleasant, so I'm curious to see for myself.

I'm attending this one as well.  It looks like it's down to Cornell and Penn for me...

ant

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 08:14:17 AM »
i'm flying out tomorrow for the admit days on friday. right now i'm more excited about a few days away from the office than the school; but the more i read about the school, the better it looks. anyway, maybe when i get back ill put a little update on what i thought for you guys that can't make it. greenjeans; guess i'll see you there :)

cheers

greenjeans

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 09:25:11 PM »
For the people above who have indicated that they are not likely to attend Cornell but nonetheless like the school or appreciate what it has to offer: is your decision primarily based on rankings? I mean, I'm assuming that it is. But, what if you end up visiting and loving it. Would you still turn it down in favor of a higher ranked school that you may not feel as strongly about? I'm just curious b/c I'm not in this situation: Cornell has always been one of my top choices, even though I have also applied to higher ranked schools. I just wonder how strong a role the rankings play in people's decision-making, especially when many people seem fairly certain that they'll refuse to attend Cornell without having visited the school.