Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: part time programs  (Read 1057 times)

Babalaco

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babalaco
    • View Profile
Re: part time programs
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 12:35:10 AM »
From what I have heard, part timers are all ranked together, and full timers are ranked together. They do not combine the groups at any time because it would not be fair to either group. As you go through school you will only be ranked with the group you began with. For example if you are a 2nd year part time student, you would only be ranked amongst the other second year part time students. You would not be ranked amongst all part time students.

I believe if you switched in to full time, you would get ranked with the full time students, and vice versa.

Wharfrat, I think that decisions on law review would be made before you finished your classes in the summer, I think you would still have to wait out the year, but I am not certain. You should call the schools you applied to and see what their policy is for that.

Actually I am sure that the ranking system differs between schools. A few of the schools I have applied to said you are ranked against your part time class mates for your first year. After your second year and so on, you are ranked against the full time students that entered a year after you. This is only the case at some schools. If you are unsure, just call up.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: part time programs
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »

Actually I am sure that the ranking system differs between schools. A few of the schools I have applied to said you are ranked against your part time class mates for your first year. After your second year and so on, you are ranked against the full time students that entered a year after you. This is only the case at some schools. If you are unsure, just call up.

I am sure all schools are somewhat different. But, of those that I called they ranked PT seperate from FT students.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/