Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Houston Visit/Review  (Read 1740 times)

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: U of Houston Visit/Review
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 10:44:25 PM »
BTW, I have to say that this was one of the best written reviews that I have seen on this site.  Well done, and I am very happy for you.

Thank you!

Has anyone else visited recently?

Troy McClure

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 09:19:42 AM »
On Sunday evening some 2Ls in a club that I'm interested in picked me up and took me out to dinner. The food was great and the variety of food was impressive. I won't feel deprived in the food department (which is essential to my happiness).

Houston makes the top 10 list of fattest cities every year.  Mostly, because they have something like the most restrants per capita or something like that.  If you like to eat out and can afford it, you'll have a great time in Houston.

My sister in law is going to Houtson right now, and she says the law school throws the best parties around.  Their Halloween party is something of legend.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 10:19:54 PM »
On Sunday evening some 2Ls in a club that I'm interested in picked me up and took me out to dinner. The food was great and the variety of food was impressive. I won't feel deprived in the food department (which is essential to my happiness).

Houston makes the top 10 list of fattest cities every year.  Mostly, because they have something like the most restrants per capita or something like that.  If you like to eat out and can afford it, you'll have a great time in Houston.

My sister in law is going to Houtson right now, and she says the law school throws the best parties around.  Their Halloween party is something of legend.

Really? I am something of a legendary party thrower myself (I wonder if I can get in on that?). . . I'm liking Houston more each day!

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 12:18:17 AM »

Really? I am something of a legendary party thrower myself (I wonder if I can get in on that?). . . I'm liking Houston more each day!
The nightlife in general in Houston is something to take notice of!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 10:30:43 AM »

I'm expecting an invitation as soon as you move.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 10:53:30 PM »
Bump (So that others who visited recently can read my review too. I'm so vain.)

tracigu3

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - tracigu3@sbcglobal.net
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tracigu3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 05:45:05 PM »
Oooh, oooh, oooh, Parties?? I love the sound of this!! I'm also attending UH and am SUPER excited to hear that there are already parties in the planning!

Send me a PM if you're going to UH and want to talk.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 07:56:40 PM »
So now that I'm definitely going, and have purchased a house with a yard and everything, I'm thinking of kicking off the party season by hosting some sort of BBQ at my house. Any of you future UH 1-Ls potentially interested?

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 10:26:24 PM »
Sure, sounds great Scurvy. Congrats on your new house.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

zya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 11:21:49 AM »
congrats on the home!

What part of houston is the party goin to be at?