Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I just got a sinking feeling...  (Read 1198 times)

withj

I just got a sinking feeling...
« on: March 01, 2005, 11:25:31 PM »
that the scores are definitely coming out tomorrow. Call it a presentiment.

(why a 'sinking' feeling, you ask? just look at my avatar for your answer)

Anyway, I remember this one A's game I was at, back in the late 80s early 90s, when we were great in the regular season but generally choked in the world series (another ominous parallel to my LSAT experience.) I was waiting in a concession line in the center field bleacher area, and one of our guys (I think Don Baylor) was at the plate. I suddenly KNEW, like a certainty, that he was going to hit a home run. It was an important late-season game, the place was packed and bristling with energy, and all of those vibes may have generated a portent that only I picked up on.

Anyway, one or two pitches later... CRACK! went the sound of a bat hitting a ball flush, and the ball sailed and sailed, deep deep deep, way out of the park. And I wasn't the least bit surprised (I was sure it was coming), but I was not a little unnerved. I don't want to have any experiences like that. 100% true story, btw.

Anyway, that's the feeling I just got about tomorrow, about the scores finally coming. I hope I'm wrong.

lawbuddy

Re: I just got a sinking feeling...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 11:30:58 PM »
Wow.  So at least now you'll know ahead of time when you're going to lose a case, so you can refuse to represent the person.  Just kidding!

Or more importantly, you can divine whether or not a client will pay after the case is over (assuming you're not on a contingent fee basis) and refuse to represent them for that.

Can we smell unethical use of God-given super premonitions?

Geddon187

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 11:45:03 PM »
The more and more I think about us getting our scores, the more and more I realize that I am gonna be dissapointed.

sparkle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:48:12 PM »
Excited-nervous is definitely just changing to dread.  Oh well, best to just have it over with by now.  I'm still betting Friday but tomorrow would be nice.
WUSTL 2008

LSN: sparklesparkle

Cube Farmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 12:00:56 AM »
1992: Despite losing Warren Moon to an injury most of the 2nd half of the season, the Oilers are one of the top teams in the AFC again finishing with a 106- record, and qualifying for the playoffs. In the Wild Card Game, Warren Moon returns as the Oilers breakout to a 35-3 halftime lead over the Bills in Buffalo. In the first half alone Moon passes for 371 yards and connects on 4 TDs. However, the lead would not last as the Bills came from behind to win in overtime 41-38. The loss was the biggest lead ever blown in NFL history.

Bebe Stepped out of bouds, came back in and caught a touchdown pass from Kelly. With no instant replay, the Oilers were screwed. I knew right then, it was over.

I feel the same way now. That is the pit im m stomach I talked about in an earlier thread. So I feel your pain. At least it will be over soon. LOL

that the scores are definitely coming out tomorrow. Call it a presentiment.

(why a 'sinking' feeling, you ask? just look at my avatar for your answer)

Anyway, I remember this one A's game I was at, back in the late 80s early 90s, when we were great in the regular season but generally choked in the world series (another ominous parallel to my LSAT experience.) I was waiting in a concession line in the center field bleacher area, and one of our guys (I think Don Baylor) was at the plate. I suddenly KNEW, like a certainty, that he was going to hit a home run. It was an important late-season game, the place was packed and bristling with energy, and all of those vibes may have generated a portent that only I picked up on.

Anyway, one or two pitches later... CRACK! went the sound of a bat hitting a ball flush, and the ball sailed and sailed, deep deep deep, way out of the park. And I wasn't the least bit surprised (I was sure it was coming), but I was not a little unnerved. I don't want to have any experiences like that. 100% true story, btw.

Anyway, that's the feeling I just got about tomorrow, about the scores finally coming. I hope I'm wrong.
In: Texas Tech ($), Tulsa ($$$); South Texas ($); Baylor; SMU
Waitlist: Oklahoma; Houston; Denver
Rejection: Texas; Georgetown; Harvard; Colorado; Northwestern; ASU;

shari

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 12:17:03 AM »
Hey hey,

don't worry you all.
maybe the scores will come out tomorrow.
I don't have a feeling about it either way,
so i'm going with withj.

you guys are a smart bunch, you'll do great.  i hope
for big smiles for all you guys when you get your scores.
Sending a little sunshine your way... 8) 8) 8)

lawbuddy

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 12:19:45 AM »
Hey hey,

don't worry you all.
so i'm going with withj.

WTF is up with all of the poetry today?  It's starting to make me nauseous.  Please no more..

(I'm sure someone will respond with poetry to this, so I'll just stop you before you do something you might later regret ;) )

weinmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 12:21:12 AM »
I'm feeling it too... tomorrow :) I need that... I have two huse tests Thursday... can't have this pressure any more.

Anyhow, It was Frank Reich who led the Bills to that comeback, not Kelly... the one decent thing that man did with his football career.

Cube Farmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • The poster formerly known as Fred Garvin...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 12:21:59 AM »
Hey hey,

don't worry you all.
so i'm going with withj.

In: Texas Tech ($), Tulsa ($$$); South Texas ($); Baylor; SMU
Waitlist: Oklahoma; Houston; Denver
Rejection: Texas; Georgetown; Harvard; Colorado; Northwestern; ASU;

shari

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 12:23:24 AM »
Was that poetic??
Why I didn't even intend for it to be poetic.
I feel encouraged, thanks lawbuddy...give me a few
minutes I'll be back with some more moving words ;D ;D ;D