Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: case western scholarships  (Read 1977 times)

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
case western scholarships
« on: March 01, 2005, 10:23:04 PM »
Has anyone heard about financial aid (scholarships) from Case Western?  They're one of my top 2 choices, and the decision will be mostly financial.  They lost my freaking application about 2 weeks ago, and I'm wondering how bad that's gonna be.  (It's since been found)

So have you heard?  How much did you get? ???
Pitt is it!

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: case western scholarships
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:55:36 PM »
I'm heavilly leaning toward Case as well, and that's with a dozen apps to higher ranked schools still pending.  I'm really beginning to like the school, but the one thing that's been keeping me lukewarm is the lack of information about scholarships.

From what I've heard, it doesn't look like anyone has received a scholarship offer from Case yet. Well there might be a few out there somewhere, but no one that I've come across. 

I hear they send scholarship offers out a few weeks after the acceptance letter.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Who else are you considering besides Case?

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 11:01:11 PM »
My other top choice is Pitt.  My fiancee lives there, and has a good job there. 

I also applied to Washington in St. Louis, Cornell, Emory, Georgia, St. Louis U, Temple, & Akron.

Still waiting to hear from Case, Washu and Cornell.
Pitt is it!

namaste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:05:51 PM »
From what I understand, there's a financial aid application too, and that gets mailed to you AFTER you're accepted...has anyone gotten that yet?  It seems inaccessible on their site.  I'm going to give them a call pretty soon if I don't get something.

YellowSpringer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:19:27 PM »
According to Case's website, they will send out financial aid/scholarship application materials to all applicants in February. Well, I haven't received anything, so I think either they're only sending out to accepted applicants, or they're so far behind that they haven't sent out any. Makes me wonder if they're always so good about following through with what they say they'll do. Argh!

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 01:32:37 AM »
Have you all been accepted?  I'm still waiting on that.
Pitt is it!

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 09:01:35 AM »
Hey... I'm in the same boat.  I really want to go to Case, but I've been offered scholarships elsewhere (and at higher ranking schools).  So I'm really interested to see if Case will offer me a scholarship.

I called them and they said that the committee has already started to meet on scholarships but that they won't be notifying people for a little while yet.  (but they will soon... like mid-March)

I really should just go over there and ask them what's up.

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 09:09:10 AM »
I would really like to go to Case as well, but I am waiting to see if I am accepted. Perhaps they are waiting until they have a better idea of their incoming class before they dish out the cash.
From what I can see on LSN, they haven't really started rejecting people. It is most likely that they are overwhelmed with applications and are unable to get to that stage.

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 11:12:57 AM »
Where else did you guys apply (and get scholarships)?
Pitt is it!

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 11:59:26 AM »
Hey... I'm in the same boat.  I really want to go to Case, but I've been offered scholarships elsewhere (and at higher ranking schools).  So I'm really interested to see if Case will offer me a scholarship.

I called them and they said that the committee has already started to meet on scholarships but that they won't be notifying people for a little while yet.  (but they will soon... like mid-March)

I really should just go over there and ask them what's up.

I've also been accepted to Case and I'm really starting to like the school.  However, I still have apps pending at a dozen other higher ranked schools. 

Does anyone know what Case's reputation is like nationaly or in places like Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis or Atlanta?  If Case offers me a decent scholarship I'm considering withdrawing my other apps, but I need to check into career prospects for Case grads.

I know what the U.S. News ranking says, but do you all think Case is on the same level as schools like UGA, University of Illinois or Ohio State??