Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone accepted and considering Hamline?  (Read 3184 times)

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone accepted and considering Hamline?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 12:12:18 PM »
I just turned down Hamline today. Hopefully, they'll pass the $$$ I was offered onto another deserving prospective.  ;D

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 12:15:24 PM »
I got my seat deposit deadline delayed as I still haven't heard from half my schools.  Think I can negotiate to bump up my scholarship to your full-ride?  ;)
Fed gov't atty

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 12:16:09 PM »
So where do you think you'll go?
Fed gov't atty

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2005, 12:17:12 PM »
I got my seat deposit deadline delayed as I still haven't heard from half my schools.  Think I can negotiate to bump up my scholarship to your full-ride?  ;)

I've heard of people doing things like that. Just write them a nice letter explaining your situation, why you want to attend Hamline, and why your current situation is making it difficult.

I'm probably going to FSU,unless UF takes me off the waitlist for fall admissions.

Bhoutros

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2005, 02:53:52 AM »
I paid the seat deposit, but I am not at all certain that I will attend Hamline.  My #1 and #2 choices are deferred and waitlist.  My #3 is a good option as well.  Hamline is #4 and the only place that has offered $ - I can't ignore that, I guess.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2005, 12:51:10 PM »
If you are moving to go to Hamline, I have a friend who lives 15-20 minutes away who is trying to rent out rooms in her home. There's space in the garage for your car and you're even walking distance from a few good pubs. Send me a PM if you're interested.

If I had chosen Hamline, this would have been my housing solution (my husband and I would have taken over the bottom floor).

Bhoutros

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 12:10:25 AM »
Thx Scurvey-

If I go to Hamline I do have a place to live.  My hubby is there (as are my cats).  I currently live in Seattle (have since 4/2003).  He was moving here here but my plans got all Ff*ked up when he got the promotion of a lifetime - it is his dream job and a very nice raise.  So we're doing the long-distance thing and it is all good.  We've been married FOREVER and we have no kids so this is working fine.  In fact, we may even get along better since the move.  Anyway - the strike against Hamline is that I'd feel like I was going backwards if I moved back "home".  I don't want to llive there or practice there - I finally made my Seattle dream come true and now to go back wouldn't "feel" right.  It is so dumb.  I am not Top-50 material, and financially it is a no-brainer to go to Hamline (1/2 tuition, I wouldn't need any loans and a free place to live), but I don't know if I'd be as focused as I should be if I go back to MN.  Silly, eh?

Congratulations on Houston and on your recent marriage!  :)

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2005, 04:51:28 PM »
If you are moving to go to Hamline, I have a friend who lives 15-20 minutes away who is trying to rent out rooms in her home. There's space in the garage for your car and you're even walking distance from a few good pubs. Send me a PM if you're interested.

If I had chosen Hamline, this would have been my housing solution (my husband and I would have taken over the bottom floor).

Not that your place doesn't rock, but there is also www.craigslist.org if anyone needs further assistance.

Stroopwafel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2005, 07:33:52 AM »
Hey All,

Thanks for the awesome replies. I've sent in my seat deposit and am getting geared up for MN. I'll be basking in CA for the summer. Seattle to Cally and then back again all the way to St Paul.

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten in somewhere.
Blessings on your journey if you are still waiting. If you want it bad enough, you'll get there.
You hit what you head for.

I look forward to meeting all of you who will be in St Paul this August.
Maybe I'll tell you of my harrowing middle of the night drive through the Siskiyous in a snowstorm towing a trailer.
Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.

-Goethe

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2005, 12:06:42 PM »
Hey All,

Thanks for the awesome replies. I've sent in my seat deposit and am getting geared up for MN. I'll be basking in CA for the summer. Seattle to Cally and then back again all the way to St Paul.

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten in somewhere.
Blessings on your journey if you are still waiting. If you want it bad enough, you'll get there.
You hit what you head for.

I look forward to meeting all of you who will be in St Paul this August.
Maybe I'll tell you of my harrowing middle of the night drive through the Siskiyous in a snowstorm towing a trailer.

Congrads!  ;D