;

Poll

Who's side are you on?

50 Cent
 13 (56.5%)
Game
 10 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: POLL: 50 Cent or Game?  (Read 11296 times)

MJ

Re: POLL: 50 Cent or Game?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 09:19:54 PM »
or lame...

RBG..have you ever read Donald Goines?  Do you think he is lame?

Nope. never heard of him.

Daaaamn man,  really?  His books are on fire!!!! Has anyone else on this board ever read Donald Goines?  Someone else out there knows who I am talking about, right?

MJ

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2005, 09:23:56 PM »
RBG, are you sure you have never heard of him?...especially if you are into hip-hop?  Underground hip-hop, mainstream...it doesnt matter...his name comes up in rap all the time..usually saying something along the lines of  "im tha donald goines of rap"...man, Im telling you...his books are tha sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John Grisham is like the white, toned down version of Donald Goines.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 09:30:24 PM »
RBG, are you sure you have never heard of him?...especially if you are into hip-hop?  Underground hip-hop, mainstream...it doesnt matter...his name comes up in rap all the time..usually saying something along the lines of  "im tha donald goines of rap"...man, Im telling you...his books are tha sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John Grisham is like the white, toned down version of Donald Goines.

Very sure. Never heard of the guy.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

MJ

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 09:34:25 PM »
damn, oh well.  But look, I promise, you are really missing out...his books are great...if you ever have time to grab one, please do and tell me what you think...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »
damn, oh well.  But look, I promise, you are really missing out...his books are great...if you ever have time to grab one, please do and tell me what you think...

cool
Look to the left -- Look to the right

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 10:20:43 PM »
Defently Game. Common now, us future lawyers sould already know that 50 is the DA's best friend.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 10:24:23 PM »
About Donald Goines. I read some of his books and I must say that they are very banal. I could see how some people could relate to his plots (Goines is very popular in jails), but thats about it.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 10:25:09 PM »
Neither - both are studio gansta's trying to make it a reality. One of those bullets isn't going to miss!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

MJ

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 10:27:26 PM »
About Donald Goines. I read some of his books and I must say that they are very banal. I could see how some people could relate to his plots (Goines is very popular in jails), but thats about it.

this post reminds me of Braden`s post about 50..........

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 10:33:30 PM »
MJ you can make it sound like anything you like. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So Goines might be Shakespeare to you. I am not trying to attack anyones preferences here just stating my opinion.