;

Poll

Who's side are you on?

50 Cent
 13 (56.5%)
Game
 10 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: POLL: 50 Cent or Game?  (Read 11466 times)

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: 50 Cent or Game?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 10:37:58 PM »
Neither - both are studio gansta's trying to make it a reality. One of those bullets isn't going to miss!

Once you are rich there is no reason to be a gangster. Why? By your logic every rapper is a studio gangster.

MJ

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 10:42:28 PM »
MJ you can make it sound like anything you like. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So Goines might be Shakespeare to you. I am not trying to attack anyones preferences here just stating my opinion.

Oh, no, I feel ya...Im just saying the way your post was worded it sounded, in my opinion, like because his books are read by people incarcerated that they are, I dont know, lesser books or sumthin...also, I wondered...if you didnt like them, why did you read more than one?

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 10:48:33 PM »
I think I read two of them. And as to why? Cause I had nothing better to do and my "roomate" had them. Hence my opinion about the majority of the people who read his books.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 02:24:28 AM »
Last time I checked there was an Official Hiphop Thread.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 02:52:24 AM »
50 is all hype and manufactured bass...that fool looked foolish on stage...jus cuz he got shot????

he should be called 2 dollarz.

cum on, na.

cypress hill is hype and bass an none o them been shot.

they avoid the bullets...and are oh, so goooood....mmmmmm!

pass it on, rasta!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 01:22:39 PM »
RBG, are you sure you have never heard of him?...especially if you are into hip-hop?  Underground hip-hop, mainstream...it doesnt matter...his name comes up in rap all the time..usually saying something along the lines of  "im tha donald goines of rap"...man, Im telling you...his books are tha sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John Grisham is like the white, toned down version of Donald Goines.

Hate to diss but, wtf? Donald Goines, you my friend may need to visit a neighborhood library. His books are garbage, written like he is a 13y/o middle school dropout with the vocabulary of a 7 yr/ old.  If you don't up your reading game you may be in for a long 3yrs.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

mr*mouth*piece

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 02:33:29 PM »
RBG, are you sure you have never heard of him?...especially if you are into hip-hop?  Underground hip-hop, mainstream...it doesnt matter...his name comes up in rap all the time..usually saying something along the lines of  "im tha donald goines of rap"...man, Im telling you...his books are tha sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John Grisham is like the white, toned down version of Donald Goines.

Hate to diss but, wtf? Donald Goines, you my friend may need to visit a neighborhood library. His books are garbage, written like he is a 13y/o middle school dropout with the vocabulary of a 7 yr/ old.  If you don't up your reading game you may be in for a long 3yrs.

Sometimes you have to look beyond the fact that his books aren't laced with flowery language and apppreciate the story.  I think his writing style adds credibility to his topics.  True his writings won't get him a Putlizer Prize but I think he does a good job in keeping with the Afrikan tradition of being a griot.  Plus his books are a good foundation to get people into reading who typically don't like to read.
"If ones advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to lead the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours" - Henry Thoreau

MJ

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

hate to diss but...you are assuming his books are the only books I read.........

MJ

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 06:06:57 PM »
"Plus his books are a good foundation to get people into reading who typically don't like to read."

EXACTLY.  and in my opinion, any book that can do this....is a piece of outstanding art.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 11:30:36 PM »
I don't want to create another topic on this, but will you be sad WHEN 50 gets killed?

Make no mistake about it, I don't wish death on no man. But this dude has a good chance of getting murdered this year. It's usually the people that you surround yourself with that end up doing reckless sh*t. So to that effect, this dude has beef with:

D-Block=Yonkers
Terror Squad=Bronx
Nas, Ja, Smurf, etc...=Queens
Game=Compton
Shyne=Rikers

They're not gonna know where the shots are coming from. What is it gonna take for this knucklehead ass n-word to shut his mouth. One dude already got shot up, this sh*t ain't gonna stop till somebody gets killed, and it's gonna be his fault.

F*ck all that publicity sh*t, you don't think some knucklehead from The BX won't hesitate to pull the trigger just for the hell of it. Them cops/bodyguards ain't gonna be there 24/7.

Get Right, or get Left!!!!