Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Queen's  (Read 997 times)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
In at Queen's
« on: March 01, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »
Ok, so that didn't take long.  They put up a nice financial package, a scholarship/bursary combination valued at about $7000.  I hope Oz steps up when I actually get their letter and gives me something comparable.  Still, I'm pretty set on Oz I've already started looking at places near High Park, Annex, Yonge+Bloor, and Queen W :)
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Queen's
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 05:50:13 PM »
congrats again.  nice little streak you have going.

High Park, Annex, Yonge+Bloor, and Queen W :)

all these places are SUPER FAR from osgoode (and way more expensive then steeles/dufferin area).  Like a 1.5 hour drive in rushhour.  And on the subway/bus, it would still take an hour.  Do you want to be downtown or something?

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 06:02:01 PM »
congrats again.  nice little streak you have going.

High Park, Annex, Yonge+Bloor, and Queen W :)

all these places are SUPER FAR from osgoode (and way more expensive then steeles/dufferin area).  Like a 1.5 hour drive in rushhour.  And on the subway/bus, it would still take an hour.  Do you want to be downtown or something?

Thanks for the congratulations.  I have no intention to live anywhere near the campus, since it is ultra-depressing (steeles... ugh).  My girlfriend commutes from High Park to York every day, she finds it a much better option than to actually live in York area.  Commuting via PT has never particularily bothered me myself.

It'll probably be about $475-500 for a place all inclusive per month in those places.  I find this quite acceptable.  It's a lifestyle decision I guess.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 10:34:43 PM »
I can't believe you're not going to that western reception.  How am I going? and you're not. 

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:19:30 PM »
I can't believe you're not going to that western reception.  How am I going? and you're not. 

Good question, how come you ARE going?  I'd go if I could, I have some paid work to do, which never happens by the way.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 12:04:16 PM »
a friend asked me to go as her guest.  yarrrrr.