Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC open house - March 11th  (Read 1617 times)

smacky

• Headed to Blue Heaven!
    • View Profile
Re: UNC open house - March 11th
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 08:51:35 AM »
Bump--

Is anyone else planning to go?

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 04:18:59 PM »
Another day, another swing and a miss at the mailbox.  When oh when will my letter come.......

Anyone planning on going to the open house whether you have an admit letter or not?

BIG H2001

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 04:23:11 PM »
I was going to go but can't because of work commitments. 

There is one in June solely for admitted students I think.  I will definitely be going to that one. 

Hope to see all of you there.

inlove

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 11:29:02 AM »
i am attending, and i am very excited  :D

Packman2162

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 09:31:08 PM »
I went to the open house today.  I was very impressed.  I thought the class was interesting and engaging, and I like the "feel."  I really appreciated the student panel discussion.  I think I could go there and do well.

Wake or UNC... ... ... it is gonna be tough?

Do any of you guys have any thoughts?

smacky

• Headed to Blue Heaven!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 10:08:45 PM »
I was there.  I thought the class was pretty good although I don't know how well it reflects a "real" class.  I didn't think that the admissions presentation was relevant to those of us who have already applied/been accepted. 

Packman--if you are in-state can you pass up that tuition? 

If you decide to go to UNC, PM me.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 05:40:56 AM »

i was just curious if anyone knew about this: does unc have a very strong preference for in-state applicants?  i applied because i heard great things about the school, but i didn't know about this in-state situation.  i was just wondering, because i didn't know if i should get my hopes up or not.. but thanks.

(i am aware that this post isn't exactly germaine, but i figured you guys would be the people to ask)
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 08:03:04 AM »
Snuvy,

Yes, out of state is very competitive.  By law only 25% of the class can be out of state.  Therefore, you're talking about maybe 60 slots? Of the 4000 applications this year, I'm guessing 2000-3000 are out of state.  From the info I've gathered over the past year, I think I'm at least semi-accurate in saying instate status gives you about 3 index points, which is 3 LSAT points or .15 GPA points. 

After all that bad news, the good news is that you have a stellar GPA and they weigh that highly. Your index is probably fabulous -- i bet it's higher than someone with a 3.5 and 168. With an index that high you would think positive things would happen.  I think they sent a lareg chunks of letters very recently. How far awar do you live?  PM me for more info if you're interested and give me your background. Do you IM?

inlove

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2005, 11:34:34 AM »
I thought the open house was really informative, but yeah i could have done without the lsat and lsdas info...
The students seemed really down to earth and not extremely stressed out which is really great to see.
 I'm an out of stater and never been to UNC so it was really exciting...Its my first choice as of right now! Hopefully i can get that in-state tuition for the second year...

woogu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2005, 02:17:53 PM »
Can someone give me some more info about Friday's open house.  I am from Ohio and I was accepted at UNC Law and its currently my top choice... I wanted to see if someone would share some more info with me