Law School Discussion

Washington and Lee Rejections Anyone?

abcd

Washington and Lee Rejections Anyone?
« on: March 01, 2005, 07:25:05 AM »
I checked LSN and they seem to only be sending out acceptances so far. Are they waiting till the end to send out rejections?

PresClay_00

Re: Washington and Lee Rejections Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 07:31:35 AM »
I spoke with admissions last week and they said that all decisions would go out postmarked March 31 and would say nothing further.  However, I'm with you on the waiting til the end.  I expect mine on April 4th or so.

Good luck.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 10:04:47 AM »
I called a few weeks back and was told the same thing. All decisions will be made by April 1. That's not very helpful considering some deposits are due on that day.  I'm just assuming I'll be rejected. But that is based mostly on my numbers and not so much the lack of a decision.

I looked at LSN numbers for last year's cycle and it looks like they sent out a bunch of rejections pretty late in the game.

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 10:22:06 AM »
I think "by April 1" is a standard line many schools give.  I would think that at least auto-admits are going out and possibly auto-dings (unless they hold dings to mail on 1 day).  I would think mid-March, as it is for almost every school, is the big decision time.  This way they have seen their entire applicant pool and can make choices on the borderline candidates. 

Nole

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »
If you look on LSN from last year it shows that most of the acceptances came in Jan. and most the rejections came in march and april.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »
Ah, yes. It feels good to have one's head on the proverbial chopping block while the executioner is sharpening the blade on his sythe...