Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is anyone else considering money at Baylor over an acceptance at UT?  (Read 1796 times)

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
  • The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
The subject pretty much says it.  I know some of us have talked about this elsewhere, but I'd just like to get a feel for where people are.  This is NOT a thread for people to get feisty about rankings or whatever.
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else considering money at Baylor over an acceptance at UT?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 11:48:11 AM »
Apparently not, but tagging anyway.  ;)

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 12:59:31 PM »
I guess we're the only ones  :-\
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 01:08:55 PM »
Well, I think we have discussed this, but I didn't respond because I am still waiting for UT to realize they love me. Than I would be looking at both options. I originally applied to Baylor as a backup, but the scholarship offer is very tempting. Because UT is showing delayed love, I don't have that option yet. I have that option of Baylor against Georgetown, and I am considering them for very different reasons. I don't think you are alone with this issue, it is quite common in one way or another.

My friend at Baylor studies with someone that had a 178 and 3.9, pretty sure he made the decision for Baylor over UT. I think most people in the situation choose UT.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 01:18:01 PM »
There's someone on LSN w/ outrageous numbers that's going to Baylor because she/he has to stay in Waco for some reason

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 01:57:18 PM »
There's someone on LSN w/ outrageous numbers that's going to Baylor because she/he has to stay in Waco for some reason

Yeah, I think that guy also has a connection to Baylor. Maybe it is just those of us that have taglines or quotes under our posts that make fun of lawyers that consider such things.

I am the Law

cutcut

• Sr. Citizen
  • I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 02:48:37 PM »

that dude is married and his wife owns a restaurant or cafe in Waco. he's tied down.
[insert clever quote here]
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=cutcut

emsimpson

• View Profile
    • WEBoggle!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 03:47:51 PM »
that dude is married and his wife owns a restaurant or cafe in Waco. he's tied down.

That would be me!  Yeah, my wife is starting Beatnix Coffee House.  We hope it'll be open by spring finals, so I can invite everyone over.

I did seriously consider UT, but now that I've had three weeks at Baylor I am quite pleased with it.  Apparently it's considered by many to be the "marine boot camp" of law schools.  The teachers have made it clear that they expect us to be competent to practice the day we graduate, not merely ready to go learn on the job.

ellie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 03:59:32 PM »
Good to hear you're pleased.  I may see you there in the fall.  I'll tell all my friends who are still there for undergrad to check out the coffee house when it's open.

Baylor Bound, Fall '05

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 04:01:18 PM »
Sweet, Beatnix coffee house. I already like it. By the way Ellie, he is the same person I was talking about.

I am the Law