Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too many tools going to Law School?  (Read 8886 times)

najniran

• AOL Instant Messenger - najniran
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Too many tools going to Law School?
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2005, 05:16:59 AM »
f-ing hell...damn you new Inspiron 700m keyboard!

ButteredToast

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2005, 02:34:20 PM »

Uh-Oh, I just ordered one of those and have heard the keyboard is small! Hope I can adjust before classes start!

najniran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2005, 10:37:31 PM »

Uh-Oh, I just ordered one of those and have heard the keyboard is small! Hope I can adjust before classes start!

Its really not that bad. You'll get used to it in a few days. I'm almost back to 99% normal typing speed on the 700m now after a few days of playing with it.

najniran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2005, 06:59:56 AM »
wow, I quite effectively ended this thread. goulet to me!

Gary Glitter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2005, 08:04:39 AM »
the simple fact of the matter is that we are all tools. we want to wear conservative, nonthreatening yet stylish suits, we want to carry around manila briefs, we want to argue endlessly over loop holes, contracts, and precedent. we want to hold our fists high in a court room and shout that "this is a moral outrage!"- whatever the "this" might be, we don't really care. yes, we even want plastic ferns, we want stacks of officious law books looming behind our desks. despite these ubiquitous wants, there will always be the someone who stands inconspicuous and routine amongst the group; the one person who is secretly dissatisfied with what he has become, who will point a confident finger and scream "i am not like everyone else!" but his rebellion is empty, it does not defy, it only solidifies his place amognst the order - yes, we are all tools.

and so what, at least we're going to be paid well for our tool-dom. captain johnny q highschool cool guy quarterback can pump my f-ing gas.

off topic but someone mentioned that "there is more to life than getting tail". i'm sorry, my kind ignoramus, but you clearly are not a bio major. whether male or female, getting tail, ultimately speaking, is our only purpose here. if we do not procreate, if we don't spread our seed, so to speak, then we are genetic failures, darwinian hiccups doomed to let our ever important lines die. the sexual monster that is you, the reptilian beast that lurks beneath your happy gilmore girl derived thoughts, is there - it's real, and you cannot deny it.

that being said, i'm going to law school so i can get girls, you know, impress them with my hoity toity brief case - amaze them with my control on the bankruptcy code, "get them wet" with my condor beveled custom water marked paper . we can all dream.

The Good:Harvard, Stanford
The Bad:
The Ugly: Yale

SkullTatt

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2005, 02:29:33 PM »
if we do not procreate, if we don't spread our seed, so to speak, then we are genetic failures, darwinian hiccups doomed to let our ever important lines die.

That is not necessarily true. If we can aid the survival of others who carry our genes, such as siblings, parents, and even cousins, we can effectively pass our genes down without procreating.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2005, 02:31:27 PM »
I agree. I don't enjoy being around tools, and I know that there are going to be a couple of them in my classes in just a few months.

God knows. I used to work at Home Depot, and you talk about some tools! Day in, day out, surrounded by the f-ing tools. Mitre saws here, drill presses there...it does get old. Glad I left that job.

Just thought I'd bump this...

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2005, 08:55:27 PM »
just a little late.....
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2005, 08:57:36 PM »
just a little late.....

8 1/2 months...better late than never.

Gary Glitter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2005, 09:13:27 PM »
the simple fact of the matter is that we are all tools. we want to wear conservative, nonthreatening yet stylish suits, we want to carry around manila briefs, we want to argue endlessly over loop holes, contracts, and precedent. we want to hold our fists high in a court room and shout that "this is a moral outrage!"- whatever the "this" might be, we don't really care. yes, we even want plastic ferns, we want stacks of officious law books looming behind our desks ... etc.

- yes, we are all tools.

The Good:Harvard, Stanford
The Bad:
The Ugly: Yale