Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Pepperdine really that conservative?  (Read 2844 times)

ennuiner

• View Profile
Re: Is Pepperdine really that conservative?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 03:45:05 PM »
Yeah, Pepperdine is real christy and conservative.  Aside from the Ken Starr associations, Ben Stien was a Professor there for a good while, but I don't think he still is.  Crosses are prevelent, and a large phallic symbol to god juts out from the middle of campus, which is called an "Obelisk" when it's for Jesus.

That said, I don't that much spills over into the student body itself.  The only person I know who went there was a jew.

phallic symbol... Portland Oregon offers not just this level of crazy, but great snowboarding a few minutes out of town.

If you have trouble seeing the obvious and historical connection between an obelisk and a phallus then I'm not sure who's crazy here.  If that's a mental leap then I seriously wonder what you're packing beneath the equator and hope the pump arrives in the mail soon.

As for the snowboarding, it blows this year (and by blows, I don't mean it's windy, to further spell out all things sexual), we've had a really dry winter, worst in a long time.
163/3.95
Accepted: Texas
Defered: Penn
Pending: Cornell
Rejected: Boalt
Waitlist(after defered): G'town, UVA, Duke... can't find it in their heart to reject me

righty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2005, 09:48:38 PM »
Can you tell me more about the emphasis on ethics at Pepperdine? That is the type of law school that I am looking for, really.
I want to be able to take ethics courses and the like. Any suggestions for these types of law school?

THanks!
 ;D

Chapman University School of Law

righty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »
I agree, visiting the school says it all. It was the first school I visited over 2 years ago and I visited atleast 15 schools. It is the only one that felt right to me!

I meant...It is the only one that felt to the Right to me, but I have recently discovered that Chapman in Orange County is equally conservative, if anyone is interested. ;)

savantpol

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2005, 09:56:07 PM »
Consider that your current philosophies and worldview may not be a permanent thing.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.

-Winston Churchill

I thought Reagan said that. I guess maybe he was quoting Churchill.

The quote has been been bastardized. I have read that Jefferson was the originator. I'm not sure it's clear who said it originally. It is clear that Reagan was quoting someone else.