Law School Discussion

Queen's reputation

Re: Queen's reputation
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 04:49:07 PM »
ok thanks cheeks...how do u like UofT? and when should I prepare for law school, begin studying lsats, apply etc

Cheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 05:16:19 PM »
UofT is a factory ... but that's another story.

I wouldn't worry about law school until your third year.  Just have fun!

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 05:30:30 PM »
k awesome...wait so do u recommend UofT (polisci)?

also, when lsac figures out the gpa's...do they do it out of 4.33 or 4? and do they do it different for canadians?

lizo27

• GPA: 4.0 LSAT:164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 05:32:30 PM »

also, when lsac figures out the gpa's...do they do it out of 4.33 or 4? and do they do it different for canadians?

I don't know if it's different for Canadians (doubt it), but when the LSAC converted my UGPA they marked an A+ as 4.33 points.

Hope that helps.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 06:48:51 PM »
Oh really? because on the lsac website the maximum gpa possible for the law school search is 4.0

Cheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 06:51:54 PM »
it's 4.33

lizo27

• GPA: 4.0 LSAT:164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 07:02:39 PM »
I don't know about the law school search on LSAC, but I'm almost certain that's how they converted my GPA. I have a 4.06 on my academic summary report anyway, and I didn't get it from my college.

Cheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 08:09:38 PM »
k awesome...wait so do u recommend UofT (polisci)?

UofT is a good school, but I'm not sure if I would recommend it.  If you want to talk about UofT, or my experience with the school, why don't you PM me and I'll add you to MSN or something.  maybe it'll be easier.

The Overman

• I am the lightning, I am the frenzy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 10:05:30 PM »
A good law school will be familiar with all of the top Canadian schools.  I have a friend who went to Western and he's attending law school at NYU.  He had no troubles based on his undergraduate school.  Schools like Queens and Western are definitely known to US schools.

Cheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 06:22:12 AM »
A good law school will be familiar with all of the top Canadian schools.  I have a friend who went to Western and he's attending law school at NYU.  He had no troubles based on his undergraduate school.  Schools like Queens and Western are definitely known to US schools.

Queens and Western are definitely not known to US schools; they really aren't even known to Canadians.  Both schools are middle of the pack in Canada, and the US would see them as such.  That said, going to Queens or Western isn't going to hurt your application either, it just won't help. 

EDIT:  stop NYU trolling