Law School Discussion

Legally Blonde: Good or BAD

Legally Blonde: Good or BAD
« on: February 26, 2005, 11:24:13 PM »
Legally Blonde is just about the worst movie ever made, watching it required a necessary line of 6 shots of my green fairy named absynthe...so I didn't have to gag myself during which, especially in that ridiculously idiotic scene that teaches the beauty parlor chick how to drop a pen and pick it up like a frivolous gay man--it's the fact they had to make a musical catastrophe out of it.

The story itself did not make decent sense, because the underlying motive for the cause of the entire story was inextricably weak.  There are such aspects of life as parental figures and psychologists who would most definitely prevent the annoying chick Witherspoon's efforts of retribution.  A person would have to be seriously psychologically deranged to go through a long enduring process of law school applications to do so only for the reason or effort of winning back a boyfriend and to prove herself intelligent, which she couldn't do.  In real life her parents and friends would have convinced her not to do what she did, and send her to a psychologist if further insisted.

There are more lousy points to this shame of a picture, which doesn't even earn the right to be named a movie by my standards, and I can write a longer critique if you would be interested.

--chiefs

ps. I hate Reese Witherspoon and her type by the way and love the women of Fellini's La Dolce Vita and the chick of Swim Fan...

Lgirl

• View Profile
Re: Legally Blonde: Good or BAD
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 04:08:49 AM »
I liked the movie!
So okay, she'd never get  from 143 to 179 on the LSAT, but it sorta cheered me on when I was studying for the test: if she could anyone could, right?
I love Reese Witherspoon. I know the whole thing is frivolous and silly, but I think it's fun and
I'm definitely a pink girl! Everything is pink.

aryels

• "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 04:47:04 AM »
. A person would have to be seriously psychologically deranged to go through a long enduring process of law school applications to do so only for the reason or effort of winning back a boyfriend and to prove herself intelligent, which she couldn't do.

Ah, but she did win back her boyfriend, but by then didn't want him. And becoming the valedictorian of her Harvard class proved she was intelligent enough.

At first I wondered if the admittance interview video of herself in a bikini was appropriate, but she probably realized that the administration is predominantly male, and thus her admittance was guaranteed. (Her GPA and LSAT score weren't discussed until the men saw her wearing the bikini). Totally realistic.

momofthree

• my sweetie in action
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 06:51:32 AM »
it's good silly fun. 

Lgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 06:53:31 AM »
GORGEOUS baby!!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 09:23:43 AM »
And swim fan wasn't a completely ludicrous premise for a movie as well?  My boyfriend's in a coma so i'm going to replace him with someone similar, and kill anyone who stands in the way of that, including him if he rejects me???

PS - I'm in no way taking up for Legally Blonde.  Just a bad comparison there.

My dear,

I never said I liked Swim Fan.  In fact I hated this movie almost as much as I did Legally, and especially that jerk who played the central character--I don't know what the story was with this loser, but he didn't seem gay and wasn't a big loser--but he came off as so to me.  I liked the chick's geekish younger brother more than I did the swimmer, and the Irish jock she used to get back at him.  And I thought the idea of the stylish cut frame jump mtv style technique was horrifying for this movie, if any movie, and they didn't do a good job with using it at appropriate situations.

But I said I loved the chick in this flick. I think she was too good for the entire shame of a movie.

--chiefs

lanen

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 10:25:45 AM »
Sounds more like you are an intellectual snob!  Get over yourself.  It's suppose to be a FUN movie.  No one forced you to watch it

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 11:38:23 AM »
ps. I hate Reese Witherspoon and her type by the way

Have you ever seen Freeway?

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 11:54:19 AM »
Yeah, get over it. Reese Witherspoon is a smarty pants, and at least the first Legally Blonde was good fun.

lawbuddy

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 12:45:41 PM »
Legally Blonde is just about the worst movie ever made, watching it required a necessary line of 6 shots of my green fairy named absynthe...

Dude, where'd you get the fairy?