Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Beauty Tips and Secrets -- Share Yours!  (Read 14571 times)

Regal_Muse

Re: Beauty Tips and Secrets -- Share Yours!
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2005, 01:16:12 PM »
I get most of my vitamins from http://www.freedavitamins.com/ and GNC

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2005, 01:47:11 PM »
Thanks Ladyday......I was just throwing the question out there for anyone to answer.  I probably need something w/iron, atleast my b/f always says that b/c I'm always cold.  I'll pm you w/ some other questions.

yep, u need the iron, that's a good indicator of it. I'm always cold too. since i became a vegetarian i've been slightly anemic.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2005, 08:35:03 PM »
Had to come check out this thread. . .

I didn't know that about the baby hair! I've always wanted it. I'll have to try that.

As for shampoo, I tried the Dove Extreme Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner and I will never go back. I recommended to my mom, my aunts and my cousins and we all swear we'll never go back. Of course, we all have relaxed hair right now, so it may not be as good for natural.

It works great on natural hair :) I've been using it for the past few months
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2005, 10:10:46 PM »
It's my engagment ring in its box. . . getting married in 24 days.

I didn't know that about the baby hair! I've always wanted it. I'll have to try that.

As for shampoo, I tried the Dove Extreme Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner and I will never go back. I recommended to my mom, my aunts and my cousins and we all swear we'll never go back. Of course, we all have relaxed hair right now, so it may not be as good for natural.

I also love my ConAir Ion Shine Blowdryer. It's awesome. Dries in less time with less heat and comes with the right attachments. Since I've been using this blowdryer, I've had less breakage and my hair is now down to my lower back. (Makes it easy to wear up in a bun every day!)

To keep from getting ashy, I do Udder Cream (the people version is by udderly smooth) at night and Shea butter during the day.

I was my face with handsoap and I don't think I've had more than 10 or 15 total pimples in my lifetime.

Whats that in your avatar?

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2005, 10:12:09 PM »
What brands of multi-vitamins do you use?...I need to start taking a multi-vitamin

Centrum One-A-Day Weight Control. Lots of iron, calcium, and chromium to keep your metabolism up.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »

It works great on natural hair :) I've been using it for the past few months

Really, cool. I've been considering growing mine out natural. Nice to know I can still use my fav shampoo.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2005, 10:26:28 PM »
Really, cool. I've been considering growing mine out natural. Nice to know I can still use my fav shampoo.

Hello Scurvy.

It seems as though you have a "magical booty." Care to enlighten blsd about this interesting attribute?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2005, 11:20:28 PM »

Your fiancÚ is white?

shiveringjenny

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2005, 12:56:59 AM »

I also love my ConAir Ion Shine Blowdryer. It's awesome. Dries in less time with less heat and comes with the right attachments. Since I've been using this blowdryer, I've had less breakage and my hair is now down to my lower back. (Makes it easy to wear up in a bun every day!)

To keep from getting ashy, I do Udder Cream (the people version is by udderly smooth) at night and Shea butter during the day.

I was my face with handsoap and I don't think I've had more than 10 or 15 total pimples in my lifetime.

Whats that in your avatar?

i think the thing that makes your avatar so confusing is that we people are invariably looking at it through the periphery of their vision. because i looked at it when you first posted it, so i know that it's a ring, but if someone had asked me off the top of my head to describe what was in it before i had this refresher, i, too, would have said it was someone looking through goggles or something. it really does look exactly like that from the corner of the eye. curious.

Dawn

• 3.89/165 Playing the waiting game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2005, 04:16:47 PM »
Shea Butter is the key to beautiful skin. I use it every day and it keeps my skin nice and soft.

Ditto!  My daily skin care regimen includes cleansing with authentic African black soap and witch hazel and then round it out by moisturizing with pure, raw shea butter.

Anyone else interested in all-natural hair and body care products can also check out this sister's site...I use most of her products and am a fan for life...

http://www.oyinhandmade.com
You are that moon
my moon Goddess shining down light
on my Black face
that fills the universe
My moon I am your sun
and I shall take this peace
of light and build a world
for you my sister

-The Last Poets