Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Beauty Tips and Secrets -- Share Yours!  (Read 14570 times)

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
Re: Beauty Tips and Secrets -- Share Yours!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 10:49:39 PM »
Beauty trick: well it's not really a secret but shea butter is wonderful. 100x better than cocoa butter. Take a shower at night, use it really generously all over your body, especially if you wear socks and/or gloves on your hands, and when you get up in the morning, your body will feel so smooth and soft like a baby. And it's a cheap alternative than cosmetic surgery if you use it frequently for scarring, or if you've had a baby or something, for stretch marks.

Great tip. But what makes shea butter better than cocoa butter?

And Cocoa Butter lotion . . . yay or nay?

It just is  :). I'll try to explain it in car terms. Cocoa butter is a Lex. Shea butter is a Bentley. They're both great, but Shea butter does the same things as cocoa butter but better. I guess cocoa butter lotion is ok  :-\ but I don't like the way the "lotions" they usually make w/ cocoa butter smell. Especially not on a man.

Ladyday-

What brand of Shea butter do you use?
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 11:13:46 PM »
Ladyday-

Currently I'm using Carol's Daughter. All of her products are pure ecstasy! For the most part, she uses all natural products, no additives or chemicals. But if you're not in NYC or don't want to pay the shipping fees you can get shea butter at some type of natural foods store. Just make sure says 100% Pure Shea butter and it still has a yellow tint, then you know it hasn't been processed, and is refined, if it is white, it has been through a chemical process and is no longer natural. And don't buy the products that say the have shea butter in them cause most likely it's only like 1% and the rest is garbage. These companies be trying to get over!

And Kappa, those were good tips, tell your wife thanks  ;D. But speaking of Olive Oil, this is more of a health tip, if you feel yourself coming down with a cold or feeling ill, take a shot or pure Olive Oil. It's a cleanser and detoxifier like wheat grass.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2005, 11:22:18 PM »
Shea Butter is the key to beautiful skin. I use it every day and it keeps my skin nice and soft.

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2005, 11:25:11 PM »
Ladyday-

Currently I'm using Carol's Daughter. All of her products are pure ecstasy! For the most part, she uses all natural products, no additives or chemicals. But if you're not in NYC or don't want to pay the shipping fees you can get shea butter at some type of natural foods store. Just make sure says 100% Pure Shea butter and it still has a yellow tint, then you know it hasn't been processed, and is refined, if it is white, it has been through a chemical process and is no longer natural. And don't buy the products that say the have shea butter in them cause most likely it's only like 1% and the rest is garbage. These companies be trying to get over!

And Kappa, those were good tips, tell your wife thanks  ;D. But speaking of Olive Oil, this is more of a health tip, if you feel yourself coming down with a cold or feeling ill, take a shot or pure Olive Oil. It's a cleanser and detoxifier like wheat grass.

Thanks! I use Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Hair Oil.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2005, 11:28:33 PM »
Carol's Daughter is good stuff. I also take a multivitamin, flaxseed oil, biotin, msm, evening primerose oil, and alfalfa spourts everyday for overall health.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2005, 11:31:55 PM »

Don't u just LOVE her stuff! The Khoret Oil is so nice and versatile. And I have just about every spray that she sells. I hate going in there though, cuz my intention is to buy one thing and I'll walk out with like $100 worth of stuff, and it's all worth it, it's just I was only intending on spending $15 on 1 thing. Have u tried any thing from her new "Love" collection yet?

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2005, 11:45:05 PM »

Don't u just LOVE her stuff! The Khoret Oil is so nice and versatile. And I have just about every spray that she sells. I hate going in there though, cuz my intention is to buy one thing and I'll walk out with like $100 worth of stuff, and it's all worth it, it's just I was only intending on spending $15 on 1 thing. Have u tried any thing from her new "Love" collection yet?

I'm so glad I don't live in New York, and I have to deal with these darn shipping costs, because I would be broke! ;D

I haven't tried anything from the "Love" collection.  The only products I've used are:
Healthy Hair Butter
Khoret Amen Oil
Lisa's Hair Elixir
Some of Marguerite's Magic

I just ordered some of the Shea butter and the "Scar" butter.  I hope it works well :P

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2005, 11:51:19 PM »
I recommend having good genes like Lexington.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2005, 12:00:53 AM »

Can somebody pass this boy some water . . . he seems awfully thirsty.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2005, 12:08:27 AM »

Can somebody pass this boy some water . . . he seems awfully thirsty.

Your mental capacity, or lack thereof, will reduce your career opportunities to meanial labor. So you should get the water. You need the practice. Now Step-n-fetch-it, #%@!!

Look to the left -- Look to the right