Law School Discussion

Beauty Tips and Secrets -- Share Yours!

Re: Beauty Tips and Secrets -- Share Yours!
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2005, 10:06:54 AM »
i have light skin and dark hair.  see my dilemma?

I feel you.  That is me!  I hate waiting in between waxings myself, but the hair does grow back finer, which is a plus.  If I keep shaving constantly, I get horrible ingrown hairs and bumps.  Ruskie, I am so jealous!!

I just started the laser thing on one area, so we'll see how that goes.  After I get out of school and am no longer poor, I will get the rest done! :D

seu2002

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2005, 10:08:16 AM »

I feel you.  That is me!  I hate waiting in between waxings myself, but the hair does grow back finer, which is a plus.  If I keep shaving constantly, I get horrible ingrown hairs and bumps.  Ruskie, I am so jealous!!

I just started the laser thing on one area, so we'll see how that goes.  After I get out of school and am no longer poor, I will get the rest done! :D

GOTTA ASK:

what are you lasering? 
does it hurt? 
how many treatments have you had? 
how many will you need? 
do you see a difference so far?
what ethnicity are you?

depending on your answers, i might just blow my savings, defer LS for a year and get lasered.   :P

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2005, 10:28:30 AM »

GOTTA ASK:

what are you lasering? 
does it hurt? 
how many treatments have you had? 
how many will you need? 
do you see a difference so far?
what ethnicity are you?

depending on your answers, i might just blow my savings, defer LS for a year and get lasered.   :P

kay here goes 'luv:

1). face area (embarrassing!)
2). yes, but you use numbing cream
3). 2
4). usually it is between 3-5
5). I just had my 2nd treatment, so it is too early to tell, but I did see the hairs fall out and they haven't come back (1st treatment).
6). white girl w/dark coarse hair (joy!).  they have several lasers available now, so they can do somewhat tanner skin.  My indian and asian friends have had it.  My asian friend looks great.  she had her sideburn type area done and it looks great.

DO NOT go to a salon and have it done by an esthetician.  Make sure you go to a dermatologist who specializes in skin care/minor plastic surgery stuff, etc.  They will have a registered nurse or technician do it. Here is an example of where I go: www.bermanmd.com

seu2002

« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2005, 03:43:01 PM »
ROFL...  how appropriate for this thread:

How to braid your hair like Willie Nelson

Haven't you always wanted that chic Willie Nelson look? Here's how to get it.

Difficulty Level: average      Time Required: 30 minutes.

Here's How:

1. Start with clean, dry hair. Shoulder-length or longer hair works best.
   2. Part hair down the back with a comb.
   3. Separate the two sides with hair clips.
   4. Start with one side; we'll start with the left. Separate the hair into three equal parts.
   5. Cross the far right part over the center so that the right part is now in the center, and the center is now on the right.
   6. Cross the far left part over the center so that the left part is now in the center, and the center is now on the right.
   7. Continue this procedure until you are at the bottom of the length.
   8. Use a rubber band to secure the ends, overlapping the rubber band til the hair is tightly held.
   9. Repeat steps 4 - 6 on the right side.
  10. Find a large bandana to tie around your forehead. And there you have it. The Willie Nelson look.

Tips:

1. If you prefer, instead of rubber bands to tie the hair, use 8-inch long leather strips and wind them around and tie.

seu2002

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2005, 02:22:25 PM »
ruskie post a pic of the hair cut you got.  i wanna see.  i'm going in for one tomorrow, and i'm still debating what to get.

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2005, 02:41:59 PM »
WOw yaya looks great. I wonder how her skin cleared up or they airbushed it.

seu2002

« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »
you know that was an airbrush

« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2005, 03:24:04 PM »
definitely an airbrush.. but her skin has probably cleared up quite a bit

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »
I think it's obvious that I'm the best lookin guy on blsd. Therefore, I'll tell you guys why I'm so frekin smooth. I'll have to tell you later however.  8)     

seu2002

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2005, 07:22:50 AM »
rofl...  make sure you do.