Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS POINTLESS.  (Read 4791 times)

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
Re: THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS POINTLESS.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »
I don't necessarily think this message board is pointless, but I do think that if there were any concrete proofs we would have discovered them by now.  I think this board is indicative of an axim we'll see again in law school- there is no one right answer, only different truths as they apply to different situations.  It is each individual's goal to determine that truth for themselves and proceed accordingly.

No offense to anyone, but I mentally throw out approximately 90% of what I read on this board.  Most of it is whining and pointless arguing and questions posted that the OP should truthfully be able to answer on their own.  But I do take it in first and mull it around.  The other 10% can be quite enlightening, if you take the time to accept it.

I completely agree with your last statement.  This board is mostly BS...people arguing over dumb *&^% that's never going to matter.  But I've gotten a lot of good advice here, and hopefully I've been able to give some too.

dollarbill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 05:07:27 PM »
I am 17 and I don't think that it is pointless to have a little guidance in high school if you are serious about any profession, law or otherwise. This board, along with the other ones, have greatly helped me with my questions and concerns, and I want to thank everyone who is kind enough to post serious replies.

Well, that's probably because you have no idea what you're talking about.  Nothing anybody here could say would be relevant or helpful for another three years. 

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 05:29:14 PM »
I am 17 and I don't think that it is pointless to have a little guidance in high school if you are serious about any profession, law or otherwise. This board, along with the other ones, have greatly helped me with my questions and concerns, and I want to thank everyone who is kind enough to post serious replies.

Well, that's probably because you have no idea what you're talking about.  Nothing anybody here could say would be relevant or helpful for another three years. 

Seeing as you're clearly a new member to the board, maybe you could keep your opinions to yourself until you actually know what you're talking about[/b].  Just a friendly suggestion.

be10dwn

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 05:36:01 PM »

I can pretty much say that nothing that is said on here will be relevent or helpful at any point.  HTH

estet_5

• Hoorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 02:53:55 PM »
I'll bump just so high schoolers finally figure this out.

SkullTatt

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 12:40:14 AM »

It's kind of sad when a 17 year-old sounds more intelligent than someone who, presumably, has been through college. And it is condescending to say that high schoolers can't be interested in the law or want to be lawyers. People who know what they want to do in life are at a huge advantage since they can start preparing for it well in advance.

SkullTatt

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 01:08:43 AM »
at the same time, they could just be wasting tons of time worrying about things out of their control.  also, they could figure out they don't want to do it -- but do it anyway because that's what they've always wanted (or were told) to do.  And people are attracted to law early because of the money and prestige moreso than other interests.  While this might not change with age, it's safe to assume that older people will have better reasons to pursue a career in law.

Well, I agree to a great extent. I think I am playing the devil's advocate in my own head assuming these youngsters have a strong interest in the US Constitution, spend their Friday evenings reading Sandra Day O'Connor's autobiography, and engage in similar activities for fun.

But anyway, my point was, let them have their message board where they can chat about wanting to be lawyers, people shouldn't be spamming it and saying it's pointless.

SkullTatt

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 07:08:07 PM »
I am very obsessive, I think I have read every "applying to law school" book there is, not to mention have browsed every website and pored over the numbers of most of the schools, and actually paid for a subscription to US News' rankings online ($14.95!). "The answers are out there!"

I don't consider myself that knowledgeable, what I'm really puzzled by is that many people who post on here seem to know next to nothing. Like today's thread from someone who can't find US News' law school rankings online. Um, Google it? A person applying to law school can't figure that out? Frightening...

As for the LSAT, I didn't see any point to taking it in June, why not wait till October and study a few more months? Of course, there are times when I kind of wish I'd gotten it over with already.

jeb240

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »
Yeah... I wish it would just come already.  I keep looking at people's numbers on LSN and thinking, "That's where you're going?!  Could I see myself there?"  or "Wow, and that's where you're going!  God, you must have had a great app.  Is mine great?"

I'm not normally the type to worry about this sort of thing, but I guess all similar things that have come before mattered less.  That and I've really only got the one shot, since my ENTIRE application is geared towards saying, "I'm reall a genius and a hard-worker, despite what you may have read on the bathroom wall," which would not be well served by my taking the test again after Oct. 1.

And now we're totally posting things that should go on the boards of those of us who are applying rather than those who are applying to ugrad.