Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS POINTLESS.  (Read 4792 times)

wilhelmrdogg

• View Profile
    • Email
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS POINTLESS.
« on: February 26, 2005, 06:55:48 PM »
THERE IS NO "PRE-LAW" IN HIGH SCHOOL YOU MORONS:

1)  Law schools will never see your grades or courses taken in high school PERIOD!
2)  The only reason to do well in high school is to get into a good undergraduate school which will impact your law school admission chances
3)  Stay out of legal trouble
4)  Law schools won't give a *&^% what you did in high school unless you founded your own company or some other accomplishment of extreme magnitude
5)  There is nothing you should be reading or doing to prepare for law school at this point.  You live with your parents and are 17 years old you wankers
6)  Go have fun and stop being such pussies checking a board designed for people who are applying to law school in the immediate future

WoeIsMe

Re: THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS POINTLESS.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 05:30:28 PM »

you're obviously out of step with how competitive law school admissions has become.  At a minimum potential candidates should start preparing during elementary school.  To be a non-TTT student, infants should be breastfed in 35-minute interals.

carlsonjd

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:31:39 PM »
HA!

twarga

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 05:51:03 PM »
What do you mean?  My daughter is in a pre-school program designed for 3 and 4 year old future litigators.  When I put brussels sprouts on her plate she yells, "I object!"  We're very proud and optimistic about her future.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 05:53:18 PM »
THERE IS NO "PRE-LAW" IN HIGH SCHOOL YOU MORONS:

1)  Law schools will never see your grades or courses taken in high school PERIOD!
2)  The only reason to do well in high school is to get into a good undergraduate school which will impact your law school admission chances
3)  Stay out of legal trouble
4)  Law schools won't give a *&^% what you did in high school unless you founded your own company or some other accomplishment of extreme magnitude
5)  There is nothing you should be reading or doing to prepare for law school at this point.  You live with your parents and are 17 years old you wankers
6)  Go have fun and stop being such pussies checking a board designed for people who are applying to law school in the immediate future

Thanks for sharing

JoeW87

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 07:59:55 PM »
I am 17 and I don't think that it is pointless to have a little guidance in high school if you are serious about any profession, law or otherwise.  This board, along with the other ones, have greatly helped me with my questions and concerns, and I want to thank everyone who is kind enough to post serious replies.

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 08:45:37 PM »

you're obviously out of step with how competitive law school admissions has become.  At a minimum potential candidates should start preparing during elementary school.  To be a non-TTT student, infants should be breastfed in 35-minute interals.

180. Good one, Saint. :D
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

1LBored

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 08:31:51 PM »
All you need to know in high school is that UG major doesnt matter, unless you want to be sure to get a technical degree so you can do patent law. Other than that you should be more concerned with trying to experience different things to be sure what you want and having fun while you still can.

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »
Boy, I'm glad you joined the board so you could clear everything up and give us all the straight answers we're looking for.  I sure hope you have the authority and the hard and fast proof to back all of this up, or else...wait, your thread and all your posts would be pointless (GASP).

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 11:55:24 PM »
I don't necessarily think this message board is pointless, but I do think that if there were any concrete proofs we would have discovered them by now.  I think this board is indicative of an axim we'll see again in law school- there is no one right answer, only different truths as they apply to different situations.  It is each individual's goal to determine that truth for themselves and proceed accordingly.

No offense to anyone, but I mentally throw out approximately 90% of what I read on this board.  Most of it is whining and pointless arguing and questions posted that the OP should truthfully be able to answer on their own.  But I do take it in first and mull it around.  The other 10% can be quite enlightening, if you take the time to accept it.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com