Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlist Statistics  (Read 3571 times)

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Waitlist Statistics
« on: February 26, 2005, 02:33:38 PM »
Is there anyway to find out which schools actively use their waitlists or not? I've read mixed things. For example i've heard that Northeastern took no one off their list last year and elsewhere that Cardozo admits a large portion from their WL. Is there anywhere to see those stats? I'm curious because I want to get a feeling for how false my hope is in getting in off the waitlist from BC and Cardozo. Any thoughts?
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: Waitlist Statistics
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:41:55 PM »
Here is an old list i found on deloggio.com:

http://www.deloggio.com/homepage/faq/hearing/waitlist.htm

If anyone finds any newer information, let me know, I am interested in this too.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

alb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 10:58:34 PM »
If you are on a waitlist, call the dean of admissions and ask:

1. How many students are currently on the waitlist?
2. How are students prioritized on that waitlist?
3. How many were on the waitlist last year, and how many eventually were offered admission?
4. Have the waitlist policies or other factors changed substantially between last year and this year?

Essentially, that's what I did when I was placed on a "high priority" waitlist last spring -- utlimately, I got in.  They have the data, and they should be willing to share it with you.  You are asking for perfectly reasonable information that they should have at hand.  Ask!!

MOTTSIE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 08:07:06 PM »
Here is an old list i found on deloggio.com:

http://www.deloggio.com/homepage/faq/hearing/waitlist.htm

If anyone finds any newer information, let me know, I am interested in this too.

Great list for Waitlist statistics...even though old. Indeed, if anyone has newer info., would like to know...Thanks.

dreamer1

• Sr. Citizen
  • CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 11:17:25 AM »

3. How many were on the waitlist last year, and how many eventually were offered admission?
4. Have the waitlist policies or other factors changed substantially between last year and this year?

Essentially, that's what I did when I was placed on a "high priority" waitlist last spring -- utlimately, I got in.  They have the data, and they should be willing to share it with you.  You are asking for perfectly reasonable information that they should have at hand.  Ask!!

I just called Penn regarding their waitlist statistic and they told me that they do not release statistics on the waitlist. Was just told that the waitlist usually has a few hundred students on it.  :-[
Attending: Columbia Law School

lex19

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 08:38:40 AM »
I know that it is very hard to get off of BC's waitlist, a firend of mine went through it, and had to do alot of networking and ass kissing, but he did eventually get in I think around mid June.

good luck!!!!

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 08:47:47 AM »

I just called Penn regarding their waitlist statistic and they told me that they do not release statistics on the waitlist. Was just told that the waitlist usually has a few hundred students on it.  :-[

a few hundred??  thats like the size of their entire class  >:(

be10dwn

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 08:53:36 AM »

I know I read in Law School Confidential that Penn puts alot of people on the waitlist as sort of a consolation prize instead of rejecting them outright.  Don't let this deject you because there is always hope!  :)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 09:48:28 AM »

I know I read in Law School Confidential that Penn puts alot of people on the waitlist as sort of a consolation prize instead of rejecting them outright.  Don't let this deject you because there is always hope!  :)

I think making Penn's waitlist, especially this year, should be considered a moral victory for anyone.  Look at the LSN numbers of the hundred or so people who have been flat out rejected by Penn already.  Tons of people with A averages and 95th percentile LSAT's were summarily rejected.  The waitlist e-mail I received said they got 6,400 applications for 240 spots.  Even being on the waitlist means they considered you one of the best applicants in the pool... Just maybe not in the top 15%.  There's no shame in being in the top 25% even if it's not good enough to get you in this year.

be10dwn

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 10:20:08 AM »

I think making Penn's waitlist, especially this year, should be considered a moral victory for anyone.  Look at the LSN numbers of the hundred or so people who have been flat out rejected by Penn already.  Tons of people with A averages and 95th percentile LSAT's were summarily rejected.  The waitlist e-mail I received said they got 6,400 applications for 240 spots.  Even being on the waitlist means they considered you one of the best applicants in the pool... Just maybe not in the top 15%.  There's no shame in being in the top 25% even if it's not good enough to get you in this year.

Absolutely not, you should be proud!