Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags  (Read 60462 times)

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2005, 01:36:35 PM »
okay i found one!!!

[img width= height=]http://a1480.g.akamaitech.net/f/1480/124/4h/images.ebags.com/images/Products/54845_624559_sq250.jpg[/img]

Its got padding for the laptop.. a padded media pocket with earphone port (for the iPod).. with padded straps and lots of pockets.. Its a Timberland backpack on eBags.. no tax and free shipping.. I hope I like it when it gets here.. they also have it in blue, black and red..

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2005, 04:35:27 PM »
Cute :)  Where did you find it?
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 21, 2005, 02:18:30 PM »
This is a question that has plagued me over the last year, and this thread has been so helpful.  I have not bought a laptop yet so it is difficult to pick the bag I want.  Or maybe I should find the bag and then the laptop to go with it?

Here is the Tumi 3 Way (much less exciting than it sounds).  You can carry it as a backpack, or with a shoulder strap, or with the handle.  http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?styleid=2842794&category=2376779~2376805~2381640&PrevStyleID=2851815&NextStyleID=2842791

It seems practical, although my vanity will probably lead me to a Coach or Kate Spade.  All my friends in law school say you need something with wheels, but that is a road I don't want to cross just yet. 

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2005, 03:44:40 AM »
I just obsessively read all nine pages of this thread, and am now thinking to get a comparatively dainty purse thing to go with my 12 in. powerbook (I mean, why punish it with a gigantic bag when I don't have to?) and a backpack for the books. That way my laptop won't get key imprints in its screen from the weight of the books, and I can have my laptop handy with my phone and water. Hm. I'll have to think more about putting laptop and water in the same bag.

The thing I just hate about backpacks is how hard it is to get stuff out of them while standing/walking. Especially if I have to dig. I would so rather have everything needful in a smaller back on my shoulder.

I am not sure where I stand on the waterproof laptop sleeve. how often am I going to be getting that wet? Maybe I will just go DIY and make my own quilted sleeve to ward against bumps, scratches and minor dampness. A yard of quilting and a yard of fabric should do it.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 22, 2005, 12:34:46 PM »
http://www.ems.com/products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442585367&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302160949&fromTemplate=navigation%2Fsubcategory.jsp&bmUID=1116779492363

This is from the store EMS - Eastern Mountain Sports. They have it in Michigan but I don't know if they have it all over the counrty. I like this bag a lot, I don't know if it actually has a "padded compartment" for my laptop but I have a really nice sleeve my tablet came with so i'm not worried about that. EMS bags are amazing - I have two other backpacks from them - one lasted me all through high school and the other through college. This bag in the link also comes in Pink and Black. There are tons more bags there too.
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 22, 2005, 12:50:32 PM »
Actually, it does have a "padded back pannel" and it is designed specifically for women. Go to Price Grabber.com and it will give you links to other websites that have it in more colors. One website is selling it for $53 instead of $58.
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #326 on: May 22, 2005, 09:43:47 PM »
http://www.groundwear.com/products.php?style=64

So this is the pack I bought.  It looks bigger than it seems b/c it's expanded to it's capacity in the picture. 

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2005, 12:10:39 PM »
 :)  cool bag and Ground is a cool company.  these days it is hard to buy something that is not made in China.  enjoy your summer and good luck in law school next year! 

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2005, 01:27:42 AM »
Thanks.  By the way, I don't know if it says on the site that the Ground bag not only has a pocket for a laptop, but comes with a second nylon sleeve for your laptop (I'm not exactly sure why, but it's a nice bonus for sure).

In any case, it doesn't look nearly as big in person as it looks in the picture -- like I said -- b/c in person it's not expanded out so much with normal usage.

The thing that attracted me to the Ground pack is that it's designed so well.  It has a place for my headphones to come out of the MP3 player pocket, it has a laptop pouch, has tons of little pockets for whatever my little heart wants to carry.  And its interior is made of light colored nylon so you can see loose items in your bag (like a pen cap). 

But what I like best is the way it distributes weight and fits on  my back.  I could actually carry a laptop and several casebooks without a problem.  The weight is less distributed in the lower back than most bags, and that helps.

Kramerica Industries

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2005, 10:41:42 AM »
http://www.ems.com/products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442585367&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302160949&fromTemplate=navigation%2Fsubcategory.jsp&bmUID=1116779492363

This is from the store EMS - Eastern Mountain Sports. They have it in Michigan but I don't know if they have it all over the counrty. I like this bag a lot, I don't know if it actually has a "padded compartment" for my laptop but I have a really nice sleeve my tablet came with so i'm not worried about that. EMS bags are amazing - I have two other backpacks from them - one lasted me all through high school and the other through college. This bag in the link also comes in Pink and Black. There are tons more bags there too.

I just got the Isabella, and as for the "laptop compartment" there is a pocket for the laptop, and the back of the bag is very well padded.  The only thing I would be aware of before purchasing it, however, is that the bottom of the bag is not padded, which can be remedied by purchasing a protective laptop sleeve for extra padding.  Overall, the bag is great, not too big and bulky, and it def. looks smaller in person but I think it will hold plenty of stuff.  I am planning on cutting my casebooks etc. at a Kinko's anyway, but if you are planning on hauling your books whole in your backpack then you would likely be better off with another bag.

If you go to the Northface website, they offer plenty more colors for selection (mine is "Tulane" green).