Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags  (Read 60151 times)

steezi

• View Profile
Re: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags
« Reply #560 on: June 02, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
I'm thinking of a Vera Bradley laptop case than then just using my old Northface backpack...the Vera Bradley laptop cases are very cute. I love paisley...but is it too girly?

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
Bumping this up, because I need to figure out something different for next year.  I have the North Face Borealis, which is completely awesome if I'm just carrying books, but something about the placement of the laptop compartment causes me enormous back pain if carry my computer in it for more than a few minutes.  (It doesn't hurt if I just put the computer in the main compartment, but then there's also much less protection when the bag hits the ground, and it wastes a lot of space.)  I'm thinking about switching to a Timbuk2 messenger bag instead, at least for the days I bring my laptop to school.
UPenn '10

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
Hey lady. I got an enormous Adidas Compression something mishegoss backpack sometime in October. I keep my laptop in a sleeve and then I put it in the backpack, but I've never had any issues with the laptop placement being uncomfortable. Also, another girl in my section has precisely the same backpack. And: it was almost big enough to hold all my books!
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:33 AM »
I'm kind of in love with this in Vachetta tan.

Beautiful bag.

TRad

• Hope springs eternal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
Reply #554 on: April 26, 2008, 11:10:36 PM      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm loving this case from Jack Georges  http://www.jackgeorges.com/products/Milano_Collection_3854_Vertical_Laptop_Compatible_Wheeler-316-50.html

It is sleek, beautiful leather, big, and wheeled.  Everyone seems to be going with messengers, totes, or backpacks but I'm liking the wheeled idea as long as it's beautiful.  After 5 years of carrying my laptop home from work in a tote, my back is pleading with me to go for wheels.

This is also vertical so it will roll through narrow aisles and has a cool shape.

I think I'll have a second bag for books, thus making the wheels even more essential.

And when I'm actually working again (SA positions for 1L and 2L, right  ), there won't be a tote slung over my shoulder ruining the line of my clothes.  First impressions.....right?

I happened to be wandering the mall on Saturday and saw this bag that I posted about over a month ago.  It was great to see it in person.  It is absolutely gorgeous and big without being too big.  The wheels are very discreet and the handle telescopes down into a zippered compartment.  I bought it in red and have no doubt I'll still be using it 10 years from now.  Yay!

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2008, 04:46:38 AM »
I have the Targus 17 inch bag... bad idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Blacktop-Deluxe-Protection-CPT401DUS/dp/B000X2RNO6

It weighs 5lbs, and my laptop (Gateway FX) weighs about 10...so I have 15 lbs without books. Bad, bad idea.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:16 PM »
I just ordered the macroloader in red. I am riding a bike most days, so the red seems like a more visible choice. I didn't realize you can take out a bunch of padding if neccessary, so it can be truly humongous.

http://www.ebags.com/ebags/macroloader/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=59045

I looked at the Tom Bihn Brain Bag, but this one is sixty dollars less (with shipping) and i don't think I am loosing too much functionality.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 30, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »
I use my Yves Saint Laurent Muse XL in black as my laptop/textbook bag and it works a dream. It fits very much with my own style, but it looks professional and chic at the same time. It holds up incredibly well as well. I would advise against the Vera Bradley only because I don't think it looks that professional (though this may not be a concern simply as a laptop bag) and for me, it's just too 'american'. Seriously, you can always pick out the Americans on spring break on the tube because they are carrying Vera Bradley bags. It always makes me a smile. Oh here's a link to my bag though mine is just black leather not black patent. I really want the Besace flap but I just don't think the style is long lasting enough to warrant the money (ignoring the fact I don't have the money)

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2008, 10:24:29 PM »
After trying out the husband's Timbuk2, I realized it's just too unbalanced for me.  I had awful red welts on my shoulder after a day.  :(  So I've decided to keep my backpack for my books and get a separate laptop-only bag for the days I want to bring it to school.  I'm probably going to go with this one (in gray), because it's cute and small enough that I can't overload it:

http://www.melissabeth.com/product.php?productid=16135&cat=252&page=1
UPenn '10