Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags  (Read 60484 times)

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2005, 10:22:41 AM »
okay i love this thread and want to tag it.. i will probably get a cute girlie tote bag and a regular backpack.. that way depending on whether I feel like being a cute girl and dotn have to carry all that many books, I'll use the tote bag.. and those days that i feel like being a total bum and have to carry a gazillion books around, i'll have the backpack..

thanks for all the links, you guys!!

Oneof2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »
I plan on doing the same thing.  I figure with a good sleeve you can have any bag so Im going to get two bags--a backpack and a cute tote!

mememe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2005, 10:45:42 AM »
I'm definitely getting a backpack because I am definitely more of a backpack kind of girl. I'm leaning toward NorthFace. 

But, I wanted to share this link to some good bags at REI

http://www.rei.com/online/store/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=9004522&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1&seq=1&sort=1
USF 2005

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2005, 01:07:38 PM »
Ok so I know this isn't a bag but look at what I just got in the mail...

I ordered it a few days ago and it just came!! I am such a nerd.  I got a pink one.

Edit*
After looking at this post it is clear to me that the words are hard to read...it says "Lawyers do it in their briefs"
Uconn Law 1L.

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2005, 04:34:18 PM »
http://www.aboutattitude.com/dlap_clea_icharlieshoppingbrown.html

I don't know about the star.. but the bag is really nice.. and well maybe i'll think i'm Wonder Woman when i'm wearing it.. or not..

happycat

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »
http://www.aboutattitude.com/dlap_clea_icharlieshoppingbrown.html

I don't know about the star.. but the bag is really nice.. and well maybe i'll think i'm Wonder Woman when i'm wearing it.. or not..

I like that tote bag, star and all, a lot!  You are already wearing a wonder-woman-ish top in your avatar picture, so the bag will compliment your Wonder Woman look!  ;)

I just wonder if the straps will hold up to the weight of law school books and binders.  It looks like an expensive shopping bag, more than a book bag - ya know?

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2005, 05:55:58 PM »
tag  :)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

Tristana

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2005, 10:59:12 AM »
My bf (now an attorney) is convinced that I will need a backpack for ls. I haven't carried one since I was about 13 because they tend to make one's chest stand out too much. I don't need anything to direct even more attention to that part of my body!! I checked out some North Face backpacks and they make some just for women. That sounds good for me since I am really petite and regular backpacks are too wide for me. So, if I must get a backpack I will probably go with one of those. We'll see. Hopefully I can keep the heavy books in my locker and do my studying at school.

Franz

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2005, 11:38:36 AM »
i sort of get the feeling around here the women are not really feelin' backpacks and were planning on going some different route.. is this true?  is a backpack not the "in" thing?  hmmmm, i guess i have seen a mix of women with backpacks and non-backpacks on the campuses in colorado, but overall the backpack is sort of a fashion statement and status symbol if you get the right brand/colors.  i guess they aren't very dressy and clash with certain outfits?  i can see that, but i think that the school girls with the jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes, and backpack are pretty hot.  don't hate on the backpack.

phishie

• GPA: 3.26, LSAT: 158 (Info is on LSN)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2005, 12:02:29 PM »
Blake...

Where did you order that shirt from?  It's super cute and I want one...

Schools pending: Emory, Wake Forest

Schools accepted so far:  Miami, GSU

School(s) deferred:  UVA