Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags  (Read 60396 times)

lyrehc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Girls, Let's Talk Laptop Bags
« Reply #510 on: July 05, 2006, 03:48:58 PM »
FINALLY!  I found my perfect laptop sleeve/bag!

http://www.flight001.com/store/trip.htm?sid=448&view=all

This website has a lot of spiffy luggage stuff.  They also have stores in SF, LA, and NY.  I went to the LA store and picked up the Metro Office 14" - small enough to be a laptop sleeve, fits my T60 perfectly and still has room for pens, a notepad, CDs, etc.  PLUS, it converts to either a messenger bag or a backpack (with built in straps that get zipped inside the bag so you can't see the straps when you don't need them) 

The Citras are really cute and great if you have a Mac

I love it :)
In: USC, UCLA, Boalt, NYU, Columbia
Out: Stanford
Pending: Harvard, Chicago

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: July 05, 2006, 04:05:32 PM »
I thoguht I found a great laptop tote from Fossil the other day and measured it to fit my laptop, but when I got it home it didn't fit through the zippered opening.   >:(  Back to square 1, so I am going to check these links out!
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

Bettn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 05, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »
Tag.
I'm looking for a laptop bag. I have a purse that it fits in (yay for tiny laptops), but want something a little nicer. I don't want to shove it in my backpack with my texts anymore.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 13, 2006, 11:07:58 AM »
So it seems like a lot of you bought "stylish" cases that will keep your laptop seperate from your backpack.  Aren't you concerned that having a bag that looks "laptop bag" ish will scream "steal me!" to thieves?

I am a little worried that I just spent $1100 of my savings on a laptop and some freak is going to grab it from me.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 13, 2006, 11:12:56 AM »
Mine is more of a business case with a padded laptop area.  I'm a night student so i won't be using a backpack (depending on just how big the books are, my case can hold a casebook and at least a notebook) with 1-2 classes a night. 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 13, 2006, 11:17:28 AM »
So it seems like a lot of you bought "stylish" cases that will keep your laptop seperate from your backpack.  Aren't you concerned that having a bag that looks "laptop bag" ish will scream "steal me!" to thieves?

I am a little worried that I just spent $1100 of my savings on a laptop and some freak is going to grab it from me.

That's why you get a stylish case that could be seen as a business case or a briefcase/paper case. Anything that's bulky and black will scream laptop, but if you get something that's got a pattern or not the standard laptop materials, you should be in good shape.

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2006, 11:28:42 AM »

Eh, let's be honest: most of us are going to be on college campuses, where students are often easy marks for thieves.  Not like a fancy handbag will keep you any safer than a black laptop bag!  But the laptop bag WILL help protect your investment by keep it safe from bumps and bruises.

I think you just have to follow general safety rules... be aware of your surroundings, don't go into vacant areas, take a cab (or school-provided transportation) if it's late, yadda yadda yadda.  And take a self-defense class, because that's just fun  :)
I am officially a law school graduate : )

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 17, 2006, 12:00:35 AM »
Someone, somewhere on this board recommended www.sfbags.com for laptop sleeves.

I ordered one and just received it - it is GREAT!!  It is not too bulky and they customize them to the size of your laptop.  I got one w/o a flap or strap and it is perfect for me (a minimalist).
2L

inthesun

« Reply #518 on: July 22, 2006, 08:00:37 PM »
i agree completely....i hate bags with crazy and tacky logos.  the LV brown and then that one jessica simpson had that spawned a million ugly knock offs...hehe im glad im not the only one  :D

Mine's all black.  I think the logos are ugly too. 

Eddie Bauer makes great backpacks and they are cheaper than Northface and I believe they have a lifetime warantee on them.  I spent about $40 on it.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 22, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »
I'm no girl.  I like targus.