Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Educated Assumption of Scale Range  (Read 1470 times)

lawbuddy

Re: Educated Assumption of Scale Range
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 09:55:28 PM »
can you post the full scale?  i noticed something that makes the curve look slightly skewed or unnormal.

Well, it's not actually a full curve--we were only deducing the higher scores.  I also edited it towards the 50 percentile, since the previous scores were a little high.

But always remember, they have to have a perfect curve!  (same # of 180s as 120s)

RLK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »
If we know that the scale is structured as a perfect curve than I believe it is necessary that the curve is completely determined by our range of scores.  The curve cannot be predetermined, nor can it be dependent/sticky from any previous LSAT curves.

lawbuddy

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 03:15:30 PM »
If we know that the scale is structured as a perfect curve than I believe it is necessary that the curve is completely determined by our range of scores.  The curve cannot be predetermined, nor can it be dependent/sticky from any previous LSAT curves.

Well, that's kinda right, and kinda wrong.  I can't explain it well though, because it'd be like trying to give an exact determinant of the index equations of a school.  Again, this is an educated assumption, nothing more...

BTW, I like the other scale the guy posted.  It's just as accurate as mine.

weinmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 04:08:05 PM »
you all seem to forget... December had 99 questions due to LSAC dropping one. Thus, you are expecting the same curve? I tend to agree, just making that observation

lawbuddy

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2005, 09:18:13 PM »
you all seem to forget... December had 99 questions due to LSAC dropping one. Thus, you are expecting the same curve? I tend to agree, just making that observation

I wonder what they'd drop for this past test, if they dropped anything?

What exactly are the criteria necessary for a drop?

A.J

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 01:39:40 AM »
Lawbuddy, are you a semen tossing monkey?