Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: job prospects with Boalt JD  (Read 400 times)

Lgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
job prospects with Boalt JD
« on: February 25, 2005, 06:06:24 PM »
Ok, so we've all been chatting about which schools have the best employment stats, saying that Biglaw firms go further into the class of some law schools at which they interview than into that of others... so what do you think about Boalt for someone who wants to work in San Francisco? Do you have to get High Honours to get a biglaw job? Be in the very top of your class? If anybody has an opinion/idea where I could get this info I'd be very grateful!
Thank you!

caldx

• 169/3.88, Berkeley
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: job prospects with Boalt JD
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 06:09:09 PM »
Ok, so we've all been chatting about which schools have the best employment stats, saying that Biglaw firms go further into the class of some law schools at which they interview than into that of others... so what do you think about Boalt for someone who wants to work in San Francisco? Do you have to get High Honours to get a biglaw job? Be in the very top of your class? If anybody has an opinion/idea where I could get this info I'd be very grateful!
Thank you!

From what I've heard, Stanford and Boalt are pretty set up in the Bay Area, and are viewed pretty much as equals. You still need to be good, but not fantastic.
Awesome: UCLA (20K/3 years), Boalt, GULC, NYU, USC
Could be cooler: Harvard, Chicago (held),
Shmucks: Stanford, Notre Dame
They're just lukewarm on me: Michigan, UVa, Northwestern, Columbia
caldx on LSN

Lgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 06:22:05 PM »
thanks for your reply  - that' s great news! Any scientific way of finding out? Do you think it's possible to call firms and ask?  Any more opinions out there?
merci beaucoup!

larson

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 07:28:54 PM »
I am sure Boalt has stats from previous years...