Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can't We All Just Get Along?  (Read 1946 times)

jg983

Re: Can't We All Just Get Along?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 10:17:15 PM »
You know, TUNA, if you were a little smarter or more impressive, it wouldn't matter what anyone else was doing, including - god forbid - black and gay applicants.

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 10:27:45 PM »
I just want to lend support to Lawlaw. The more people proving that the kids of gay parents are just as well adjusted and successful as the kids of straight parents the closer we come to greater social acceptance of gay parents. Keep fighting the good fight.  I have some good friends who are a gay parents and unlike a hetro couple they do not have the luxury of having their family structure be transparent. Everything they do is seen in relation to them being gay parents and it makes there job as parents even more stressful.

SMN: Congrats on the Columbia scholarship. As jealous as I am, I recognize that you earned your spot and your money and also realize that overcoming the disadvantages foist upon you by society and fate is an accomplishment you should be proud of.

lawbuddy

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2005, 10:43:54 PM »
XOXO is much better than the TTTs on this site. At least on XOXO the posters are smart enough to ridicule people with sub-165 LSATs. Here you treat these individuals as if they're actually human.

This is exactly why I don't post on XOXO anymore.  I'm sure that if the adcomms could read this crap they'd "pwn" your ass out of the entering class.  I to this DAY don't understand why the adcomms don't skim the boards looking for these people and preventing their admission.  It's not like you guys don't ever post your email addy's or give them out to people.

Simply put, I am shocked and appalled that people like you exist, and I hope to be there the first day you get "pwned" by some "TTT", "sub-165 LSAT"er in moot court, or especially in the real world.  An LSAT score is not what makes a man, and it's rediculous to judge people based on that.  Even true intelligencial elitists wouldn't base their standards on something as menial and arbitrary as the LSAT.  It's not a true measure of anything other than how well you take one specific exam!

It's okay though, because in 10 years, if you ever do grow up and stop hating on other people long enough to make something out of yourself, your ass is gonna be on the evening news as the politico found in bed with a black transvestite, ball-gaged and doped into a stupor.  When your true colors come out, and the homophobia you developed after experimenting with boys in college/HS/JHS is shown for nothing more than shame at your own self for wanting to touch another man's ding-dong, it'll be the police sirens, not angels trumpets, blasting in your ear and reminding you of how one reaps what they sow.

(BTW, I have no opinion of the whole Rachelb1 thing, I just feel TUNA is scum for what he said, and hope more people will read this and stand up to that kind of belligerence)

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 10:48:15 PM »
XOXO is much better than the TTTs on this site. At least on XOXO the posters are smart enough to ridicule people with sub-165 LSATs. Here you treat these individuals as if they're actually human.

It's okay though, because in 10 years, if you ever do grow up and stop hating on other people long enough to make something out of yourself, your ass is gonna be on the evening news as the politico found in bed with a black transvestite, ball-gaged and doped into a stupor.  When your true colors come out, and the homophobia you developed after experimenting with boys in college/HS/JHS is shown for nothing more than shame at your own self for wanting to touch another man's ding-dong, it'll be the police sirens, not angels trumpets, blasting in your ear and reminding you of how one reaps what they sow.

Perhapse a hooker named Gannon will be involved.

lawbuddy

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2005, 10:50:04 PM »

Perhapse a hooker named Gannon will be involved.

Maybe one that looks like Woody Harrelson and speaks with an Eastern European accent...

A.J

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2005, 10:51:32 PM »
Valpo is the new Cooley...sweet!

TUNA

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2005, 12:02:33 AM »
You know, TUNA, if you were a little smarter or more impressive, it wouldn't matter what anyone else was doing, including - god forbid - black and gay applicants.

TUNA is already in at a better school than the black and gay applicants. HTH

TUNA

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2005, 12:06:38 AM »

This is exactly why I don't post on XOXO anymore.  I'm sure that if the adcomms could read this darn they'd "pwn" your ass out of the entering class.  I to this DAY don't understand why the adcomms don't skim the boards looking for these people and preventing their admission.  It's not like you guys don't ever post your email addy's or give them out to people.

Simply put, I am shocked and appalled that people like you exist, and I hope to be there the first day you get "pwned" by some "third tier toilet", "sub-165 LSAT"er in moot court, or especially in the real world.  An LSAT score is not what makes a man, and it's rediculous to judge people based on that.  Even true intelligencial elitists wouldn't base their standards on something as menial and arbitrary as the LSAT.  It's not a true measure of anything other than how well you take one specific exam!

(BTW, I have no opinion of the whole Rachelb1 thing, I just feel TUNA is scum for what he said, and hope more people will read this and stand up to that kind of belligerence)

How mean of you to assume I judge people only based on LSAT! I judge them on many levels, including:

1. GPA
2. Undergrad attended
3. Net worth of family's assets
4. Type of car they drive
5. Family last name

See? I'm not an elitist at all! I just think anyone scoring under a 165 deserves two in the back of the head.

HTH LOSERS!

BenGibson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2005, 12:22:15 AM »
Quote from: Sue Me Now on February 25, 2005, 05:12:49 PM

Perhaps you didn't notice my 3.81 from an ivy league undergrad with a double major in philosophy and history. And perhaps you are unaware of the systematic cultural/institutional advantages offered to overweight white males such as yourself on that ridiculous test. >>

You know, I actually have no problem with AA, but I do want to know what cultural/institutional advantage I received on  the test.  I went to public school, was raised in a very poor home, so how was the deck stacked for me? 

As irritating as it must be for minorities to hear their successes discounted as being AA, it irritates me to hear about how men in suits secretly connive to make tests that only my whiteness will allow me to comprehend.

Gibson

lawbuddy

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2005, 12:24:15 AM »
How mean of you to assume I judge people only based on LSAT! I judge them on many levels, including:

1. GPA
2. Undergrad attended
3. Net worth of family's assets
4. Type of car they drive
5. Family last name

See? I'm not an elitist at all! I just think anyone scoring under a 165 deserves two in the back of the head.

HTH LOSERS!

Tuna,

Please tell me you are joking.  I mean, in all honesty, you can't be serious, right?  It makes me very concerned as to your health if that's the way you truly feel.  Please, let me know if that's the real you, or if it's just a joke, because personally I don't get it.

Lawbuddy