Law School Discussion

Northwestern and UVA

Northwestern and UVA
« on: February 25, 2005, 11:36:12 AM »
In at NU and UVA - UVA by phone on Tuesday, letter today. NU by email today.

Anyone in at either know when fin. aid info is usually sent?

2/2 so far...SWEET...

Re: Northwestern and UVA
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »
Congratulations, those were my two major reach/dream schools.  You can't go wrong with either.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:54:23 AM »
I got an email earlier this week from Northwestern telling me that they got my FAFSA stuff but not my tax forms in on time. [I'm trying to remember what it said exactly because I can't access my hotmail from work :( ] Anyway, I wrote them and told them I was still filling them out and they said no problem, just send them when you're done.

Anyway, congrats on the acceptances! Those are my top choices right now!

Thanks - having looked at your profile on LSN, I predict you'll have some even better choices in the future. I hope I do as well, though I'm VERY happy with these two schools.

NU also called me and asked me to resubmit my tax forms - I had sent them an estimated return since my W-2s didn't come until very late. After they got the real form they emailed me to confirm receipt. That was about 2 weeks ago, so they should have everything now. I don't know how long it takes to turn it around, though.

I know some people already got merit cash - anyone know when I should expect to hear about that (if I hear about it ;))?

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »
We should all go to the accepted student's weekend/days together.  Like a united UVa v. Northwestern front  :)

I haven't heard anything about scholarships, probably because I don't qualify, but Northwestern's BINDER is KICK ASS.  So far I haven't gotten anything written from UVa except their acceptance letter. Although both confirmed that I got my financial aid applications in before their ridiculously early Feb 15 deadlines.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
Wait, Northwestern wants a tax return?  Don't have that, yet. 

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 12:26:06 PM »
I would prepare that as soon as possible.  UVa says that they "might" ask for it, so I sent it anyway.  Northwestern wants the tax return and your W2s.  Sadly many schools seem to want them....makes me wish I hadn't had 3 jobs last year, been employed in a different state than where I lived or made a ridiculous amount of money in bonuses....c'est la vie I guess...

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 12:52:38 PM »
We should all go to the accepted student's weekend/days together.  Like a united UVa v. Northwestern front  :)

I haven't heard anything about scholarships, probably because I don't qualify, but Northwestern's BINDER is KICK ASS.  So far I haven't gotten anything written from UVa except their acceptance letter. Although both confirmed that I got my financial aid applications in before their ridiculously early Feb 15 deadlines.

Sounds good...by the way, I looked at your LSN profile. Is GW psycho? Punk Georgetown Waitlist fools...

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 01:09:20 PM »
I think GW must be a yield protect.  I've seen people with the same index there get scholarships, so I can only imagine it was my timing.  I know my package wasn't any better or worse than those sent to GULC, UVa and Northwestern (same essay, same letters, same resume, different result).  I really hope it isn't a sign of things to come.  It's been really sssslllllllloooooooooowwwwwww www lately....