Law School Discussion

School that pay your airfare

CaliToD.C.

School that pay your airfare
« on: February 24, 2005, 11:22:04 PM »
Has anyone had a school pay for there travel expenses to come visit their school? This would really help me in making my decision but Im not sure how to ask.

Thanks

Re: School that pay your airfare
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:33:32 PM »
wl pays up to 200 bucks plus gives you hotel for 2 nites

GoHuskies05

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 12:34:22 PM »
Minnesota gave me $3000 to check out the school and go apartment hunting.  This only includes airfare, transportation, and hotel.  I also have to enroll at the school to get my money back.  Still I can make multiple visits to check things out, although I'll try to keep it low cost as they're a poor public school.

burp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 12:58:21 PM »
Minnesota gave me $3000 to check out the school and go apartment hunting.  This only includes airfare, transportation, and hotel.  I also have to enroll at the school to get my money back.  Still I can make multiple visits to check things out, although I'll try to keep it low cost as they're a poor public school.

$3000?! Or $300?

maricutie

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 01:28:12 PM »
Off the top of my head: stanford does, as does boalt. UCLA does for selected minority students. columbia does for people who demonstrate need. some schools, though, you can ask ... it doesn't hurt!

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »
Case western gave me $200 or $250.

zakrob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 01:35:29 PM »
Does anyone know about San Diego? I don't really think I'll go there, so I don't want to take the expense to visit, but if they are willing to pay for it...

GoHuskies05

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 01:55:11 PM »

$3000?! Or $300?

No, you read it right.  $3000.  I was shocked as well.  They could have given me nothing and I would still attend, as I have no other viable options. 

I get $3000 to look for a place.  I don't know how they expect me to spend $3000 on airfare and hotels, and transportation.  I'm not even going to try to, as that would be mean.  Like I said, if I don't matriculate to the school, then I don't get any money. 

burp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 02:01:20 PM »

No, you read it right.  $3000.  I was shocked as well.  They could have given me nothing and I would still attend, as I have no other viable options. 

I get $3000 to look for a place.  I don't know how they expect me to spend $3000 on airfare and hotels, and transportation.  I'm not even going to try to, as that would be mean.  Like I said, if I don't matriculate to the school, then I don't get any money. 

Wow, that's amazing! They only offerred me $300, only if I matriculate also. Do you have any special circumstances that made them offer you that much?

GoHuskies05

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 02:08:56 PM »

Wow, that's amazing! They only offerred me $300, only if I matriculate also. Do you have any special circumstances that made them offer you that much?

OK, I will go home and check it.  I swear on my life it was $3000, and I was so confused, because why would I need $3000? 

Did you get a scholarship from them?  They mentioned that they were giving me money to visit because I was a scholarship recipient.  I will get back to you though.  I'm probably wrong and it's $300.