Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Spring Break  (Read 5860 times)

seu2002

Re: Spring Break
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 01:25:35 PM »
bluenine, have you decided where you're going to school?  unfortunately, texas is not an option for me.  i went shopping this weekend, and rather than perusing the cute spring clothes, i was rummaging through the winter sale racks.  i bought 3 wool sweaters for 25 bucks.  i'm prepping for the harsh cold of the northeast.  i'm gonna scream.

Actually, I have NO idea where I'm going since I haven't heard from so many schools.  Hopefully, this will be the week I hear something from the rest of the schools to which I applied.  Have you decided where you'll be attending?

of all the schools i've gotten into, i think rutgers-newark is it for me now.  i am still waiting to hear back from other schools, but i've been in love with R-N's location/clinics/programs since i first heard of the school about 2 years ago, so although there are closer/better schools, R-N has been my top choice since.  i was going to send my deposit in today, but i think i'll just wait until next monday after i get the financial aid stuff and hopefully more news from them.

i'm kinda looking forward to the change in scenery and pace.  the only thing scaring me away is all the drama the 1L's post on the BLSD.   :-\

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 01:35:49 PM »
bluenine, have you decided where you're going to school?  unfortunately, texas is not an option for me.  i went shopping this weekend, and rather than perusing the cute spring clothes, i was rummaging through the winter sale racks.  i bought 3 wool sweaters for 25 bucks.  i'm prepping for the harsh cold of the northeast.  i'm gonna scream.

Actually, I have NO idea where I'm going since I haven't heard from so many schools.  Hopefully, this will be the week I hear something from the rest of the schools to which I applied.  Have you decided where you'll be attending?

of all the schools i've gotten into, i think rutgers-newark is it for me now.  i am still waiting to hear back from other schools, but i've been in love with R-N's location/clinics/programs since i first heard of the school about 2 years ago, so although there are closer/better schools, R-N has been my top choice since.  i was going to send my deposit in today, but i think i'll just wait until next monday after i get the financial aid stuff and hopefully more news from them.

i'm kinda looking forward to the change in scenery and pace.  the only thing scaring me away is all the drama the 1L's post on the BLSD.   :-\

you and me both   :-[
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 01:50:31 PM »

you and me both :-[

trust me. . .there is drama.  I thought I was going to write the first half of my brief today but as I spread all of my cases out on a four foot by six foot table in the library i realized that there are big gaping holes in my research.  This is how I, as a 1L, am spending my Spring Break. 

All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts. . .
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

seu2002

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 01:58:47 PM »

trust me. . .there is drama.  I thought I was going to write the first half of my brief today but as I spread all of my cases out on a four foot by six foot table in the library i realized that there are big gaping holes in my research.  This is how I, as a 1L, am spending my Spring Break. 

All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts. . .

SMU, what do you do to have fun in dallas?  my SO is from arlington, and we go down there often-- not in a while since he's in ireland.  but i love partying or just visiting D-FW.  too bad SMU didn't want me.  otherwise smu would be under consideration--for weather purposes only.

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 02:36:29 PM »
There is no fun right now.  Trust me. 

The last "social" thing I did was to go out to dinner with a bunch of friends. Dallas has some great restaurants, and you have to take a break to eat sometime. 

There are bars everywhere.  Many of my classmates are happy hour frequenters.  There's lots to do, I just don't have time to do it.  This summer, I think I am going to become a party animal because I have been so deprived this year . . . and then, I will have something to celebrate. The only thing I still manage to find time to do is shop . . .. I got my spring/ summer wardrobe for about 100 bucks when the Dillards Clearance Center moved from the Festival Marketplace Mall to Six Flags Mall . .  . This includes three bathing suits and two formal gowns . .. .

As for your significant other, you might want to see if you can get him to start reading some of these crazy 1L postings so he'll have some idea of what you'll be going through next year. Law school is intense, and no one around me understands that I am devoted to law school right now and everything else comes in at a distant second. I have lost "friends" and have had two disasterous romances this school year.  Watch out.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

blondielaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 02:49:53 PM »
mobell:
Scotland is definitely my favorite country, although I'm a bit predjudiced since part of my family came from scotland long ago.  Edinburgh is definitely better than glasgow, but if you have the time, go to the Highlands, particularly inverness!  Loch Ness is awesome, the city of inverness is so cool...sigh. 
I also preferred the bavarian region of germany to frankfurt or munich- look up the Romantic Road area- it's lovely, and people are very friendly. 
I lived in london for semester, so I got to see a lot of places.  As far as cities go, I still think London is the best.