Ok, I don't get it. My hubby and I

Ok, I don't get it. My hubby and I
« on: February 24, 2005, 05:17:52 PM »
We just had this huge *ss fight because I cut my hair~~
Why is it a big think for guys??

Re: Ok, I don't get it. My hubby and I
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
Nothing to yank on.....lol

I am sure there is some kind of insecurity issues having to do with a massive change of that sort rocking the boat in the marriage thing. 

Guys don't make big changes like that very easily.  If I cut my hair or dyed it drastically, it probably means I wanted to reinvent my image.  From personal experience, when my ex-wife was making big changes like that, it ended up being for her boyfriend.  Sucker me didn't say anything till much later when I caught on.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »
 :o

Oh. So sorry.

I like the yank on idea (he doesn't do that anyway)-- :-[

But that makes sense! I was just tired of it. It was to my waist.

amarain

• View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 08:35:05 PM »
Clearly he really liked your long hair and maybe he was upset because you made such a drastic change without getting his opinion or considering his opinion. How short did you cut it?

Not that he's right to be mad at all, but that's a possible reason why he might be upset.

BigTex

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 08:36:58 PM »
We just had this huge *ss fight because I cut my hair~~
Why is it a big think for guys??

Yeah - that's pretty wierd. I don't get that at all. I would expect:

"Oh wow! Holy moly hun! - You cut your hair!, so, what made you decide to do that? C'mon - i'm hungry. Let's go grab some dinner and tell me all about it."

But as a poster above said, maybe he's worried you're trying to impress a boyfriend or something? I dunno. The reaction seems so strange I don't really know how to explain it. But the secret worry about an affair seems to make sense.

amarain

• View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 08:40:33 PM »
Maybe he's actually upset about something else but is using the hair thing as an excuse. Yeah, women do this more than men, but men have been known to pull this too.

BigTex

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 08:42:17 PM »
Maybe he's actually upset about something else but is using the hair thing as an excuse. Yeah, women do this more than men, but men have been known to pull this too.

Yeah, unless the guy is just totally retarded, he's not really mad about the hair. There's something else afoot.

zakrob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 08:45:43 PM »
Oh, I have been there. My husband loves my long hair, I guess its just his personal preference, but he is quite attached to it. There have been a couple of times in our relationship when I've cut it shorter than my shoulders and he got upset, not flaming mad or anything, more like he felt hurt. I prefer my hair long too, but sometimes I just get sick of it and feel like cutting it. Your hubby will get over it I'm sure. Good luck!