Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard from Loyola L.A. this week?  (Read 927 times)

Fernando

Re: Anyone heard from Loyola L.A. this week?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »
...assuming an order by day and month, they handle applications in accordance to submission date....

Not a safe assumption.

OK, so what does the school mean by rolling admissions? Donít you think it safe to attribute some order on their part?

Check out LSN.

holdingmybreath

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 07:03:45 PM »
My friend, who is not on LSD, also went to decision yesterday and is like 159/3.4. I hope, for her sake and all of yours, that they're doing another round of acceptances. Those numbers are in their range, right? Could they have gotten that much more selective this year?

Your friend and the two folks that went to decision seem to have a stronger GPA than LSAT.  I think the index is within what they accept.  I wonder what preference they have re: LSAT/GPA.

holdingmybreath

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 07:07:44 PM »
My friend, who is not on LSD

I just read this again and saw how funny this statement is.  Ha.

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 07:12:18 PM »
Yeah - I recently wrote an e-mail to my boyfriend saying "all these people on LSD are getting into Boalt". And he pointed out the humor in that statment. Sometimes we take ourselves too serious and don't see those things.

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 07:54:57 PM »
Your friend and the two folks that went to decision seem to have a stronger GPA than LSAT.  I think the index is within what they accept.  I wonder what preference they have re: LSAT/GPA.

I would say LSAT preference since they took me, but maybe it was just a high lsat making up for a dismal gpa! As for the rolling admissions thing, I think they accept people first and then reject later so if you are more borderline it'll take longer.

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 08:13:06 PM »
Yeah - I think they like higher LSATs. My friend for in last year with a 164 and a low GPA (under 3.0). I got in and my GPA sucks. I'm sure they like high GPAs too.

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »
I only just heard last Saturday and sent my application in way before Christmas, it went to decision I don't know how many months ago, so that really doesn't mean anything other that its complete.  I got in, so not hearing isn't necassarily a bad thing.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings