Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 424336 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Chances?
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2005, 03:45:49 PM »
Yale was slightly less comfy than the others because I was floored by being one of only TWO Af-Am women at Admit Weekend.

I wonder how those numbers eventually worked out.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Numbers
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2005, 03:49:36 PM »
Damn, that is a lot of money to pay!!!!!!
Back in the saddle again.

John Galt

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2005, 03:50:41 PM »
What part of South Carolina are you from? I'm from Greenville.

CocoPuff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2005, 04:09:11 PM »
But if you don't have access to an admissions counselor, or that kind of money, who do you go to for essay help? Undergrad professors? Pre-Law advisors? It seems like no matter who I go to, no one is going to be as good as some one who used to help students get into law school for a living.
There's just this for consolation: an hour here or there when our lives seem, against all odds and expectations, to burst open and give us everything we've ever imagined"

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »
But if you don't have access to an admissions counselor, or that kind of money, who do you go to for essay help? Undergrad professors? Pre-Law advisors? It seems like no matter who I go to, no one is going to be as good as some one who used to help students get into law school for a living.

Come to us and other law-focused people. Read How to Get Into the Top Law Schools.  Pre-law advisors and undergrad profs are hit-or-miss, and there is no way you should shell out a lot of money for someone to make your essay look just like many other applicants' work.  Read examples online and in books.  Some people who have already applied may let you read theirs as well.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2005, 04:33:09 PM »
Yale was slightly less comfy than the others because I was floored by being one of only TWO Af-Am women at Admit Weekend.

I wonder how those numbers eventually worked out.

Me too.  I only know there will be at least 4 Black women. 

...and only two "regulars."  ;) ;) at E. (and btw, CONGRATS on finishing up! ;D I can't wait till you get back.  Don't work in DC tho 'cause that will be too many people there to visit.)

that sh*t is not funny!  >:( divide and conquer.  besides it is more like 3 to 1 or 3 to 2.
eh, I think DC is looking unlikely looking at the prices for housing right now. ick.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2005, 04:58:59 PM »

Come to us and other law-focused people. Read How to Get Into the Top Law Schools.  Pre-law advisors and undergrad profs are hit-or-miss, and there is no way you should shell out a lot of money for someone to make your essay look just like many other applicants' work.  Read examples online and in books.  Some people who have already applied may let you read theirs as well.

GOOD ADVICE!!! :)

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2005, 05:08:16 PM »

Aww...thanks! Just trying to follow in your footsteps. :-* ;)

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2005, 05:58:13 PM »

Aww...thanks! Just trying to follow in your footsteps. :-* ;)

You are very welcome.  Awwwwww, you are a sweet person.   :-[ :-*  You ready for school in the fall????

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »
American University dorms..look into their rates
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...