Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 415309 times)

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
Re: Help? where can I get in? What do I need on the LSAT for a T10?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 03:32:28 PM »
You have a shot with a 160-165, might not get into HYS but certainly have a good chance at penn. If you don't mind spending the cash I would recommend just sending an application to the entire top 14 and perhaps 1 safety. If you can get a fee waiver from LSAC most of those apps would be free.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 03:34:25 PM »
162 and up and you should feel confident
Look to the left -- Look to the right

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 04:48:46 PM »
Yeah, considering URM status, a 165 would probably give you a good shot at all but the top few schools.  A 3.3 might not be stellar, but it is an upward trend, and it is an Ivy.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 09:24:22 PM »
I'm tired of hearing or reading all of the considering URM bull...it gets played, and since I've been on the board since January, I've read about it more than a little bit... there are white people that get into a T10 with the same damn numbers...but people don't seem to trip over them so much...

Playa you got a 155 on the first diagnostic... I'm sure that you'll get 162 or higher and you'll get in wherever you want to go... btw welcome to the board...

Yeah, considering URM status, a 165 would probably give you a good shot at all but the top few schools.  A 3.3 might not be stellar, but it is an upward trend, and it is an Ivy.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 03:44:45 AM »
I'm tired of hearing or reading all of the considering URM bull...it gets played, and since I've been on the board since January, I've read about it more than a little bit... there are white people that get into a T10 with the same damn numbers...but people don't seem to trip over them so much...

Playa you got a 155 on the first diagnostic... I'm sure that you'll get 162 or higher and you'll get in wherever you want to go... btw welcome to the board...

No desire to start anything, but what was the point of the beginning of your post besides expressing your annoyance with reality?  The man says he wants to go to Columbia or Penn, remember, and people gave their best guess based on their observations of what LSAT he would need.  No one said anything about whether being a URM should give you a boost.  No doubt it gets overplayed, but it is a relevant factor in this case nonetheless.

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 04:36:04 AM »
I studied for months and took over 20 simulated tests and only improved my score 2 points over my diagnostic test.  Studying does help some, but for some people it doesn't help much (my 5 test average was up around 6 points above my diagnostic before I took the test).
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

Playa222

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 04:53:05 PM »
How many prep tests have the rest of you done?  So far I've done 4 since the start of my class and already got my score up 3 points to 158.  I'm planning to do at least 15 more before the June test and finish as much of the hw as I possibly can.  I'm not too worried about burning out because I keep the thought in the back of my mind that my future depends on this as motivation.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 05:12:58 PM »
I've done 23 and seen consistant improvement.  My first was 156, which is very close to yours.  If you are like me, some things will click fast, and some will take some time, but the more you do, the better you'll do.

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 05:57:06 PM »
Started at 157 and ended up with a 168 on the test.  Improvement is obviously dependent on your abilities, but keep doin those tests.

guyboston

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 12:46:25 PM »
My ex/gf had a 164 and a 3.4.  Majored in Economics from a tier 2 undergrad.

I told her to apply to the top 7 shcools.  She got into everywhere but was WL at Yale.

She is graduating HLS in June.

Hope that helps you.
Diag
170, 173, 172, 169, 170, 165, 166, 171, 171

Taking Sept/Oct LSAT

Can your score decrease w/ studying?
Maybe so...