Law School Discussion

The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
Re: Advise on where to apply for next year..
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 12:07:32 AM »
LOL I wasn't saying ugh about your appearance...I lost my train of thought while I was writing..LOL.

Re: Advise on where to apply for next year..
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 12:08:20 AM »
Boalt has the best IP program in the country..Stanford is second... George Washington University is third..

Playa222

Help? where can I get in? What do I need on the LSAT for a T10?
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 12:10:03 AM »
?

Nizzy

Re: Help? where can I get in? What do I need on the LSAT for a T10?
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 02:11:08 AM »
What up guys,

I'm a junior at an Ivy League school, have near a 3.3 (got the nasty grade trend, 2.8 1st 3 semesters, 3.8 next 3 semesters) VP of my class, Capt of a Varsity Sport and in ROTC.  What do I need on the LSAT to get into a top 10? Advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'm in the testmasters class right now and I scored a 155 on the 1st diagnostic.

Schools 11-14 not doin it for yah?  Decent first diag, but you'll prolly need something close to a 170 to have good shot

faith2005

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 09:28:06 AM »
Just concentrate on studying for the LSAT, then after that, you'll be able to get a better of idea of what schools to apply to. Put as much time as possible into the lsat, like study everyday for at least 2 hours. One of my friends told me to study 3-4 hrs. everyday, but I couldn't do that much. I started out with a 155, but my score didn't improve as much as I wanted it to, i also heard that the test I took was pretty difficult. who knows? I have a friend who's score went from 155-170, so you can do it!

elegantpearl01

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 07:22:55 PM »
Get some good recommendation letters from dues paying alumni that may help...

of course I do know someone whose mother is a state supreme court justice and his father is a judge and he didn't get in his first choice, which was their alma mater...i really believe he must have applied late.

Nizzy

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 01:12:06 AM »
Oh btw, didn't notice what section of the board this was posted on.  Are you a URM?

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 10:39:07 PM »
Maybe 168-170 or so?

Study hard for the LSAT.  I scored in the low 150's on my first test and studied A TON and got a 176 on the real thing...Studying definitely pays off.

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 09:54:05 AM »
Hi, I rarely post but just wanted to comment.  I think people are overestimating the lsat score you need to get into top schools if you are an URM.  I currently attend a top 10 school and my lsat score was about 9 points below the median.  However, I did have a very good gpa (3.8).  I was also accepted at 2 higher ranked schools than the one I attend now (top 5).  I would try to do the best you can but don't limit your choices simply based on on your lsat.  The worst that can happen is that you will be rejected; but don't limit yourself and always wonder where you could have gotten into. 

Playa222

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 01:18:52 PM »
Hi, I rarely post but just wanted to comment.  I think people are overestimating the lsat score you need to get into top schools if you are an URM.  I currently attend a top 10 school and my lsat score was about 9 points below the median.  However, I did have a very good gpa (3.8).  I was also accepted at 2 higher ranked schools than the one I attend now (top 5).  I would try to do the best you can but don't limit your choices simply based on on your lsat.  The worst that can happen is that you will be rejected; but don't limit yourself and always wonder where you could have gotten into. 

Thanks alot. That's somewhat relieving to know.  I guess though since my GPA is lower i'll have to make up for it somewhat on the test, which kind of sucks.