Law School Discussion

The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread

Re: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread
« Reply #3070 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:08 AM »
Thanks again. I'll keep that mind. My apps will be done by January. Would that be a problem with acceptance.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: September 10, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »
Thanks again. I'll keep that mind. My apps will be done by January. Would that be a problem with acceptance.

It prolly won't hurt too much but it's not ideal either.  Why will it take you so long to finish?  You've already taken the LSAT.

« Reply #3072 on: September 10, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »
Hey everyone.

I've been lurking around here for some time, feeding off the advice. I'm a senior now, set to graduate in Spring 09. I'm taking the December LSAT and I'm wondering when is the earliest realistic time frame I should be able to get my apps out. I know having them in early makes a huge difference, so I'm wondering if it's uncommon to start apps before LSAT scores are received. Any help/advice in this regard is appreciated. Thanks!

« Reply #3073 on: September 10, 2008, 10:18:15 PM »
Hey everyone.

I've been lurking around here for some time, feeding off the advice. I'm a senior now, set to graduate in Spring 09. I'm taking the December LSAT and I'm wondering when is the earliest realistic time frame I should be able to get my apps out. I know having them in early makes a huge difference, so I'm wondering if it's uncommon to start apps before LSAT scores are received. Any help/advice in this regard is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm applying this cycle as well so hopefully you will get some additional feedback from the posters who have been around for a while.  If you're really committed to applying this cycle, you really need to have everything set up so that you can literally submit your applications as soon as you receive your lsat score (circa. Dec. 20th).  You also have to remember that it takes sometime (up to two weeks) for your application to even become "complete" and ready for review by the adcoms.  If you're looking for any type of "what are my chances?" advice, this is the place.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: September 11, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »
Hey everyone.

No it's not uncommon.  You can definitely have your PS and DS done.  If you have any addendum, you can have that finished too along with your resume.  If you have an idea of where your practice scores are landing and what range of schools that you are applying to, you can fill out the applications too.  I, personally, wouldn't send off any applications until I got my LSAT score back because you might pay for unnecessary applications.  If you have fee waivers that you are going to use no matter what, I would send my applications out the weekend that I take the LSAT.

« Reply #3075 on: September 11, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »
Pikey,

I am a trader for an investment bank on the West coast and market volatility has me swamped through December.

what are my chances?
« Reply #3076 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
I'm a urm who graduated with a 3.4.(cum laude) I didn't get to take the lsat this year because of families issues. Came from a disadvantaged socio-economic background and I worked throughout college to support myself also the first in my family to graduate college and my last two years of school my gpa was a 3.6. What are my chances at OU, Arkansas, and Howard if i score in the mid 150's early 160's

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
Re: what are my chances?
« Reply #3077 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:23 AM »
I'm a urm who graduated with a 3.4.(cum laude) I didn't get to take the lsat this year because of families issues. Came from a disadvantaged socio-economic background and I worked throughout college to support myself also the first in my family to graduate college and my last two years of school my gpa was a 3.6. What are my chances at OU, Arkansas, and Howard if i score in the mid 150's early 160's

You'll get in at the schools you mentioned, probably with some merit aid. 

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: September 18, 2008, 01:39:37 PM »
What are my chances at OU, Arkansas, and Howard if i score in the mid 150's early 160's

If you score around 157 or higher, you'll probably get a full ride to Howard and Arkansas.  Don't really know anything about OU.  Go to Howard given those options.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: September 18, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
What are my chances at OU, Arkansas, and Howard if i score in the mid 150's early 160's

If you score around 157 or higher, you'll probably get a full ride to Howard and Arkansas.  Don't really know anything about OU.  Go to Howard given those options.

titcr