Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 415299 times)

PotentialLawyer?

• View Profile
Re: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread
« Reply #2930 on: May 21, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »
non-ivy top private

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 21, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
non-ivy top private

university or LAC?  either way, that plus TFA should put you in a good position. 
Columbia 3L

PotentialLawyer?

• View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: May 21, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »
uni... what's a "lac"?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 21, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
uni... what's a "lac"?

liberal arts college, like Amherst, Swarthmore and the like.
Columbia 3L

PotentialLawyer?

• View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 21, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
Thanks, should have been able to figure that one out myself

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: May 21, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »
If you really want Harvard, yes.

Disagree.  It's the GPA that's hurting him.  A higher LSAT would make only a marginal difference, and the chances of scoring higher are sufficiently small (and the chances of scoring lower sufficiently high) so as not to justify the risk.

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 21, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
should I retake?

It would be worth it to retake if you think you can get in the mid-170s.  I was admitted to HLS with a 3.05/174, and another guy who posts here got in with 3.06/175.  We both had pretty good reasons for the bad GPAs, though. 

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
hello guys,
i need advise concerning my law school decision. my GPA is 3.71, i wrote LSAT twice and i had 142 and 146 respectively. i got an admission into Cooley, but i decided not to go there, considering the fact that i live in NY and will like to practise in NY and its neighboring state. i am on waitlist in Howard for the second time, Marquette and Quinnipiac. i don't know whether to write the exam again, then apply in case i am not accepted in the three schools or what will be the best thing to do.

armada

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have people to go and places to see!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 27, 2008, 08:47:57 PM »
If I were in your shoes, I think I'd go to Howard if accepted.  If not, you can always take a year off and put in plenty of time studying for the LSAT.  Since you've already taken it twice, you only have one more chance (depending on how long ago you took the exams) so you should make sure you know your stuff before you sign up to take it again.  You have a good gpa so improving your LSAT score will help you tremendously.  Good luck.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 27, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »
hello guys,
i need advise concerning my law school decision. my GPA is 3.71, i wrote LSAT twice and i had 142 and 146 respectively. i got an admission into Cooley, but i decided not to go there, considering the fact that i live in NY and will like to practise in NY and its neighboring state. i am on waitlist in Howard for the second time, Marquette and Quinnipiac. i don't know whether to write the exam again, then apply in case i am not accepted in the three schools or what will be the best thing to do.

Third time's a charm?  What did you do to prepare?  If you haven't taken a prep class, I would highly suggest it.  You have such a good GPA, if you could improve just by a couple of more points, you should be good for Howard.  I'm really surprised you didn't get in because you are way above their 75% GPA, and just a couple of points below their 25% LSAT.  I say give the LSAT one more try.  Good luck.
Michigan 2L