Law School Discussion

The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
Re: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread
« Reply #2050 on: June 04, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »
That is amazing GoldenAfro! I plan to apply to most of the top 20 with a few exceptions. If you dont mind me asking was your LSAT very high? Or did you have a very interesting,unique application?

My LSAT wasn't what I would call VERY high. I'll PM you.

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 04, 2007, 03:48:57 PM »
That is amazing GoldenAfro! I plan to apply to most of the top 20 with a few exceptions. If you dont mind me asking was your LSAT very high? Or did you have a very interesting,unique application?

Are you going to YLS?

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 04, 2007, 03:50:51 PM »

Are you going to YLS?

I am.

« Reply #2053 on: June 04, 2007, 05:14:18 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules posting this question in this forum, but I just saw it mentioned that the newer tests are much different than the "The Next 10..." tests. How important is this difference? I've been testing around 160/161 in that book and I've been terrific with LR and RC, but poor with LG, how is my score likely to be affected? In addition, would anyone have a PDF of the newer tests that I could get a hold of? Thank you.

It's VERY important.  The older tests were"easier" than the newer tests are.  In the newer exams, LG is pretty easy and the LR and RC sections are pretty hard.  You DEFINITELY need to make it a point to make sure you do a LOT of newer tests.

« Reply #2054 on: June 04, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules posting this question in this forum, but I just saw it mentioned that the newer tests are much different than the "The Next 10..." tests. How important is this difference? I've been testing around 160/161 in that book and I've been terrific with LR and RC, but poor with LG, how is my score likely to be affected? In addition, would anyone have a PDF of the newer tests that I could get a hold of? Thank you.

It's VERY important.  The older tests were"easier" than the newer tests are.  In the newer exams, LG is pretty easy and the LR and RC sections are pretty hard.  You DEFINITELY need to make it a point to make sure you do a LOT of newer tests.

Where can I get the newer tests?

« Reply #2055 on: June 04, 2007, 05:20:31 PM »

from lsac

« Reply #2056 on: June 04, 2007, 05:23:48 PM »

from lsac

Thank you.

« Reply #2057 on: June 04, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »

from lsac

Thank you.

np, good luck with studying  :)

« Reply #2058 on: June 05, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »
Hmmm, I just realized that it seems these are hard copy tests and I would have to wait for them to be mailed to me. I doubt there's any chance they will get to me in the time I need (I'm taking the June 11th test). At this point, if I've been testing around 160 with the PrepTests 29-38, should I go ahead and take the June 11th and hope for the best, or should I just give up because it's THAT different. Thanks again.

I don't believe in hoping for the best. The LSAT is far to important to hope for the best. YOu should know the ballpark of what you are going to get before you take the test The newer tests must be taken into account I'm using the 10, next 10  just to practice practicing the real test. (31-50+)  My advice wait until september, get as many test from lsac as you can, and focus on building yours skills.

« Reply #2059 on: June 06, 2007, 08:16:01 AM »
Ok, so I guess I'm just going to lay out there:

I graduated from a top private school, of the liberal arts persuasion. Double majored in International Relations and Art History, the IR major at my school is incredibly difficult, in terms of the classes required. I did ROTC my freshman year but was "encouraged" to drop out due to my political beliefs, my first semester UGPA suffered from the rigor of ROTC. I graduated with a 3.33, but within my majors I had a 3.5 and 3.8...classes like computer science brought my GPA down. On the LSATS I'm taking I'm getting over 165 and have even cracked the 170s. What are my chances of getting in to a T-14...also I'm a URM.

I know this is retarded but any words of advice as far as what my ideal LSAT score should be and what schools I should consider over others, would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, would writing an addendum, help or hurt my chances?! Thanks ya'll!