Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 422347 times)

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
Re: What are my chances?
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2005, 12:26:21 PM »
I hope you get into to Harvard. It looks like you have a strong personal statement topic. I hope you and John Galt get in. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks! BTW, if you guys haven't already seen Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, you should. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but that was an awesome movie.
Who's your Daddy now?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2005, 05:07:19 PM »
Once again, the infamous "what are you chances" post. 

Apply to everything, your numbers are stellar.  This past year, every cat on BLSD who applied to Harvard got in, so...
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2005, 08:08:30 PM »
Once again, the infamous "what are you chances" post. 

Apply to everything, your numbers are stellar.  This past year, every cat on BLSD who applied to Harvard got in, so...

Hopefully that trend will continue!
Who's your Daddy now?

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2005, 09:56:28 AM »
Awww memories..these post actually make me cringe sometimes but we've all been there and done that.

Annabel I say your chances are great at any school with the exception of Yale. (just because Yale is special LOL).

If you want Harvard, go for it. Just make sure other parts of your applications are on point. Your major and the fact that you came from a HBCU will really give you a boost in my opinon. Other than that apply EARLY, don't listen to any negativity, and RELAX. The hard part (Lsats) is done. There is no reason why all your applications shouldn't be turned in by mid September. Get on those letter of recs asap because those seem to take LSAC FOREVER to process. Also consider Columbia (HINT HINT). It's better than Harvard.

;D
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2005, 10:35:04 AM »
I TURNED THEM DOWN!

Mobell, you are going to Yale, why do you care if I want to believe that Columbia is better than HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVARD LOL.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2005, 10:38:27 AM »
I TURNED THEM DOWN!

Mobell, you are going to Yale, why do you care if I want to believe that Columbia is better than HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVARD LOL.

Just out of curiousity, why'd you turn Harvard down?
Who's your Daddy now?

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2005, 10:47:14 AM »
At the time I was thinking about location adn finances.
Columbia= no debt
Harvard= 70-100K in debt.

Honestly I vibed better at Columbia. I spent a week at Harvard shadowing my friend and it was cool but Columbia was just the obvious choice for me.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2005, 10:51:47 AM »
At the time I was thinking about location adn finances.
Columbia= no debt
Harvard= 70-100K in debt.

Honestly I vibed better at Columbia. I spent a week at Harvard shadowing my friend and it was cool but Columbia was just the obvious choice for me.

I'm staying at Columbia this summer. Upper west side Manhattan is definitely a great area. And there's ALWAYS something to do in New York. I plan on visiting the law campus in a couple weeks. I'm sure you'll have a great time here...well, maybe after your 1L.
Who's your Daddy now?

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2005, 10:58:42 AM »
The Area is fantastic. I have an apartment in Upper West three miles from the school. On a serious note, visit all the schools you get accepted into. Don't fall into the hype of going to a particular school just because of what everyone else says. You might end up liking another institution over Harvard.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2005, 11:02:34 AM »
The Area is fantastic. I have an apartment in Upper West three miles from the school. On a serious note, visit all the schools you get accepted into. Don't fall into the hype of going to a particular school just because of what everyone else says. You might end up liking another institution over Harvard.

I think that's great advice. Columbia is probably my second/third choice because I really love the area. I plan to visit Cambridge sometime this year. But most of the people who know me tell me that I would love the area.

My biggest fear though is snobby kids  :-\
Who's your Daddy now?