Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official BLSD "What Are My Chances?/Where Should I Apply?" Thread  (Read 421789 times)

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
Re: Advise on where to apply for next year..
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 02:07:32 AM »
LOL I wasn't saying ugh about your appearance...I lost my train of thought while I was writing..LOL.
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Advise on where to apply for next year..
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 02:08:20 AM »
Boalt has the best IP program in the country..Stanford is second... George Washington University is third..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Playa222

Help? where can I get in? What do I need on the LSAT for a T10?
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 02:10:03 AM »
?

Nizzy

• View Profile
Re: Help? where can I get in? What do I need on the LSAT for a T10?
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 04:11:08 AM »
What up guys,

I'm a junior at an Ivy League school, have near a 3.3 (got the nasty grade trend, 2.8 1st 3 semesters, 3.8 next 3 semesters) VP of my class, Capt of a Varsity Sport and in ROTC.  What do I need on the LSAT to get into a top 10? Advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'm in the testmasters class right now and I scored a 155 on the 1st diagnostic.

Schools 11-14 not doin it for yah?  Decent first diag, but you'll prolly need something close to a 170 to have good shot

faith2005

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 11:28:06 AM »
Just concentrate on studying for the LSAT, then after that, you'll be able to get a better of idea of what schools to apply to. Put as much time as possible into the lsat, like study everyday for at least 2 hours. One of my friends told me to study 3-4 hrs. everyday, but I couldn't do that much. I started out with a 155, but my score didn't improve as much as I wanted it to, i also heard that the test I took was pretty difficult. who knows? I have a friend who's score went from 155-170, so you can do it!

elegantpearl01

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 09:22:55 PM »
Get some good recommendation letters from dues paying alumni that may help...

of course I do know someone whose mother is a state supreme court justice and his father is a judge and he didn't get in his first choice, which was their alma mater...i really believe he must have applied late.

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 03:12:06 AM »
Oh btw, didn't notice what section of the board this was posted on.  Are you a URM?

V00Jeff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 12:39:07 AM »
Maybe 168-170 or so?

Study hard for the LSAT.  I scored in the low 150's on my first test and studied A TON and got a 176 on the real thing...Studying definitely pays off.
Attending: Columbia

Lola_lee04

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 11:54:05 AM »
Hi, I rarely post but just wanted to comment.  I think people are overestimating the lsat score you need to get into top schools if you are an URM.  I currently attend a top 10 school and my lsat score was about 9 points below the median.  However, I did have a very good gpa (3.8).  I was also accepted at 2 higher ranked schools than the one I attend now (top 5).  I would try to do the best you can but don't limit your choices simply based on on your lsat.  The worst that can happen is that you will be rejected; but don't limit yourself and always wonder where you could have gotten into. 

Playa222

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 03:18:52 PM »
Hi, I rarely post but just wanted to comment.  I think people are overestimating the lsat score you need to get into top schools if you are an URM.  I currently attend a top 10 school and my lsat score was about 9 points below the median.  However, I did have a very good gpa (3.8).  I was also accepted at 2 higher ranked schools than the one I attend now (top 5).  I would try to do the best you can but don't limit your choices simply based on on your lsat.  The worst that can happen is that you will be rejected; but don't limit yourself and always wonder where you could have gotten into. 

Thanks alot. That's somewhat relieving to know.  I guess though since my GPA is lower i'll have to make up for it somewhat on the test, which kind of sucks.