Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New England School of Law  (Read 786 times)

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
New England School of Law
« on: February 24, 2005, 01:13:41 PM »
Any info? Is it worth attending?

g825

• View Profile
Re: New England School of Law
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 01:32:53 PM »
I'm waiting for info too on the school. I was accepted last week. I don't know anything about the school other than what's on the website. Waiting to see if I get in somewhere closer to home, but will probably go for a visit before april or so.

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 01:35:51 PM »
I still need more info on it.  Here is the bad though.  The cost of living in Boston is outrageous.  The school's main reputation is going to be in Massachusetts, behind Harvard, BU, BC, Northeastern, and Suffolk.  That is ALOT of schools higher ranking in one medium sized city.  Kinda scares me.

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 01:46:34 PM »
My choices are limited right now (Touro, Widener and NESL). I know the rep for NESL is bad and its pricey to live there but I have heard that it is a good school with great profs....i dont know. i wish someone could provide better insight

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 02:07:40 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  It probably depends more on your career endevours.  I HATE Biglaw.  I have worked in Biglaw as a paralegal.  I want to either hang my own shingle or work for a small-medium sized firm.  Because of this for me, I don't mind the rep, but am really concerned about the cost of living.  Do you have any ideas about your career plans?

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 02:17:17 PM »
I am not interesetd in BIGLAW either. I really want to work in family law in a medium sized firm.  I am going to visit NESL in about two weeks so we will see how that goes

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 02:23:22 PM »
Please let me know.  Good luck.  I haven't completely ruled them out, just the debt will be higher there than any of my other potential schools.  Boston is a great town, let me know about your impressions of the LS.