Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tulane visits?  (Read 1483 times)

phildegrave

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tulane visits?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »
I have to chime in on this one.  Before i went to Tulane's visting day last week, I thought it was an option but it was very low on the list.  I've been accepted to Vandy, Emory, BC & WUSTL and I'm going to pick tulane over all of them.  I just love it, the atmosphere there was so different from anywhere else, esp Emory, where you cou;d just feel the competiveness in the air.  I'd rather go somewhere and be happy for three yars than be miseable at Emory or trapped in Nashville. In the real world, employers do not know or care that Tulane is ranked much lower in US News than emory or vandy.  It makes no difference, and you can see this if you go to martindale.com and look at the # of tulane grads at top firms.
  The atmosphere of the city, the history, the architecture---everything just sucked me in comletely.  If you're planning on being in the top of your class, youe job prospects will be no diff at Tulane than Vandy unless you are set on working in Nashville.  as far as BC, who wants to freeze for 6 months of the yr?  And the rent in New Orleans is a joke, my wife and I will be able to get a great place for 1/3 of what I'd be paying in boston. Call me crazy, but I am very happily sending my deposit to Tulane this week, and I'm more shocked about it than anyone

spit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 04:38:27 PM »
did they tell you at tulane that  2/3 of the law students DROP OUT?!

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
  • If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »
Why? I am looking at Tulane for their sports law program.

elemnopee

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 04:04:07 PM »
did they tell you at tulane that  2/3 of the law students DROP OUT?!

Its roughly 14 percent according to ABA data on lsac.org

Mr Belding

• What a tool
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 07:46:04 PM »
PHil-

which admitted day did you attend? I was at the friday, march 11th one. I have to say i agree with you
164 / 3.65

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »
i'm interested in their sports law program as well.  worked in sports for 4 years now.  hoping they overlook my numbers.  in their range for GPA, a little low for LSAT.  hoping for the best.  going to visit there this week b/c i'm local.
FIU Class of 2009

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
  • If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 10:16:58 PM »
i'm interested in their sports law program as well.  worked in sports for 4 years now.  hoping they overlook my numbers.  in their range for GPA, a little low for LSAT.  hoping for the best.  going to visit there this week b/c i'm local.

Keep us up to date and let us know how the visit went? And was wondering in general what area of sports do you work in?

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 10:13:19 AM »
Did anyone else get that big packet of info from them in the mail?  It had info on stuff like health insurance and living in NO with & without a car & living arrangements & final schedules, etc. I was pleasantly suprized to receive it and found it very helpful.  I really wish other schools would send otu more info like that!
Attending: Texas

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 11:11:52 AM »
i work in minor league baseball.  this will be my fourth season.  PM me if you have any specific questions.  hope the weather clears up for my visit tomorrow.
FIU Class of 2009